To make a living you need at least 300k in your account?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Oct 21, 2008.

1. .

#31     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

[​IMG]
    When only the finest meats & cheese's will do!

#32     Oct 22, 2008
  3. The ES is one of the only instruments that I have seen traded in the millions of dollars at a time, and then only in multiple trades (adds) and in times of highest volume.

#33     Oct 22, 2008
  4. Now for individuals having hunrdeds of millions the natural trading vehicle is Forex because you can park 1 billion in EUR/USD. But I wish I had that problem.

#34     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Indeed. If I had a billion, I would pay for the technology to trade with a Windows Mobile device strapped to my forearm, from anywhere. But honestly, I doubt I would be hanging on ET.

#35     Oct 22, 2008
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I bet there is an ET for millionaires, we just don't know about it because it is rather exclusive....

#36     Oct 22, 2008
  7. I have met three millionaires from ET, and they are real, not on paper. Surely there are others, but they don't spout off like newbies, so you would rarely see them. Those three are some of the most frugal people I know, and they actually still talk to me! My wife makes superb Asian food... keeps their interest. Besides, a million ain't that much anymore, surely not enough to support a person for life, unless you live like a SSI recipient. Seen CD rates lately?

#37     Oct 22, 2008
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

What I was thinking was an exclusive message board for big time players (if millionaire is too inclusive) to exchange business ideas and sure they don't want to be bothered by us small timers. A 10K annual fee would do the trick.

If they have matchmaking sites specially tailored for them, why shouldn't be a messageboard? Instead of Politics and Religion forum they can have a Rent my yacht or a Let's share a plane forum...

#38     Oct 22, 2008
  9. I doubt there would be an interest. They already have such routes set up with others in their positions. Just my observations. Try a clubmed idea for traders... that might fly... I can see it now, plasma screens and ET while sitting in the pool, getting blown by two college coeds and eating the all-day buffet... Hey it's just an idea...

#39     Oct 22, 2008
  10. Once you know what you are doing $50,000 is plenty imo......with $100,000 I would just do multiple instruments at the same time (ES and ZB, or ES and QM, etc).

#40     Oct 22, 2008