To intraday traders only: What is your underlying philosophy of buying vs shorting stocks?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pollock, Nov 2, 2019.

1. pollock

pollock

Hi folks,

Here's my simple underlying philosophy that has helped me TREMENDOUSLY in intraday shorts: It hurts to have a collapsing stock much, much more than it satisfies to have a equally performing stock. I've structured my strategies around this SINGLE idea.

I've used gappers, green-to-red candles, scanners & fundamentals based on this one idea: the "speed" or vol for a downside move is more severe than for an upside move.

My question is for the great intraday traders here who are doing well *longing* stocks. What is your ONE observation that has helped you structure your long (intraday) trades?

Thanks for your time!
    p

trader99 likes this.
  2. hey pollock
    to minimize a decision to enter a trade based on one parameter, strong as it is, will not hold for "long".

pollock and ElectricSavant like this.
  3. Wouldn't say I'm a great trader, but the observation that you can calculate pi using random numbers helped me give in to the structured uncertainty of the universe.

pollock and TommyR like this.
  4. Handle123

Handle123

Using Price Action, when not to take usual viable signals.

pollock, birdman and themickey like this.
  5. pollock

pollock

yes monte carlo simulation can be fun. i'm still struggling to understand how you use the ideas of the Central Limit Theorem to trade intraday on the long side? :p

6. Flip a coin long or short and only enter if the current trend is in the direction of the coin.