To IB Management

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nitro, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Oh I see, it's pure altruism...

BTW, these "Spectating Accounts" that IB offers on the Institutional-side are maintained for transparancy/risk management, not for making audit for public display.

My interest in this thread stems from the illogical-nature of the entire premise; that somehow viewing a trader in r/t will translate into equivalent performace for the trainee. Forget the lack of a stat-valid sampling -- one trader's preformance doesn't necessarily "trickle down"

I understand that your motivations are decent, but it's foolhardy. There's no free lunch in this business -- the majority of retail are sheep and are eager prey for vendors; but this isn't what we're talking about here, you're referring to establishing a track-record, not selling a system, correct?

Anyway, good luck with this. I'll not post further to this thread.

riskarb

riskarb

#51     Mar 28, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

nikhoi,

I do not know how to state if more simply than I have. I can sit in a chatroom alll day long and make claims. Fine. But, there is nothing that confirms the viability of a method than trading it in realtime on a real account, accountably for all to see.

Do you know that I have systems that make an absolute fortune if I could guarantee a fill on the entries? Hey, when I test them, they look like the goose that laid the golden egg. MAKES ZERO DIFFERENCE. THE ONLY WAY TO REALLY TELL IS TO TRADE IT LIVE.

So now, if you as a chatroom operator, are trading what you have been pushing in a chatroom in your own account, or you are following these long winded explanation given by these "educators" at ET, why would you, as an educator or chatroom operator, object to someone also seeing your blotter at a broker? What would you have disclosed that you haven't already with your calls?

ACCOUNTABILITY.

nitro

#52     Mar 28, 2004
  3. nitro

nitro

Yes. What is so hard to understand about that? :confused:

All well and good, but the fact that it has been done _technologically_ shows that much of what is needed is in place. I do not really care what the institutional side is used for, only what the technology has the potential to be used for. In this case, to do some good.

OK, fair enough. I agree with that. But then the entire notion of mentorship over the Internet must also be in question in your model of the trading world, no? People do not understand that. You may undertand that, I may understand that, but does the middle aged guy that is desperate because he cannot find a job and comes to ET and all the vultures are all over them like a cheap suit know that? I do not know you, before this thread, I had not read a single one of your posts, but I think you are somewhat of an elitist with your attitude, and to what cause?

Aaaaaaaaaha! Does it turn your stomach when you see these people being prayed on? It does mine.

I will say it once more. My intent is to allow for two things. In fact, I am hopeful that one leads to the other:

1) Establish a "spectating account." The goal of this account is to allow those that are real educators, have real systems, to be able to establish a track record with potential clients by registering themselves with this "spectating account service," and as a result

2) To weed out the impostors that are nothing but bloodsucking vermons and to obliterate them from this business.

Thanks,

Good luck to you as well.

nitro

#53     Mar 28, 2004
  4. Come to think of it...when I used to trade OPM at Refco...The system vendor monitored my block trades in the beginning......with a view only... (to make sure I was awake and to mentor me)

Michael B.

#54     Mar 28, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

ES,

It can be done. It is trivial. People just like to make a mountain out of a mole.

nitro

#55     Mar 28, 2004
  6. prophet

prophet

We should write this. Although it could be a weekend project for me, I’m sure others on ET are more qualified to design the authentication, encryption and message protocols. We’ll need to set up a few firewalled (IP secure, few open ports) servers that will host the database, re-distribute signals, and maintain privacy for client IP addresses.

How can you trust each server? Each server compares submitted trades to real time price quotes to check that trades are reasonably marketable. How to prevent some servers from distorting their database? Each server can periodically and simultaneously distribute md5 checksums of their received trade information to clients. Any servers in error will stand out, and the client can ignore that server

This could become a means for any trader to prove their track record, then demo or sell their signals or indications to anyone interested, with very high security and verification.

Comments? Ideas?

#56     Mar 28, 2004
  7. Wouldn't it be cool to see a playback....wow

This gives new meaning to the word mentoring....

Michael B.

P.S. And you could verify to the nayayers easily......

P.S.S. this would be the next best thing to trading directly off the chart!

#57     Mar 28, 2004
  8. You really never read any of his posts? Even all of the James Stock ones? He is a Chicagoan, like you.

Anyway, I am glad the two of you were able to bring your thread back to a civil level.

#58     Mar 28, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

Heh, no. A fellow chicagoan? I take it all back!!!!!!!!!

LMAO :D

Yeah,

Sorry, I do get carried away sometimes. These people think that I know who they are and not only do I not know (I have actually become super paranoid and think that every one that opposes me on these threads is a vendor,) this medium (writing text on an Internet site by anoymous handles) is terrible for getting one's point accross.

I know I have misunderstood people in the past, and I _know_ people have misunderstood what I have said before.

nitro

#59     Mar 28, 2004
  10. Nitro,

I never said I objected to what you are proposing, I just asked why you cared so much. I agree that the industry could stand some cleaning up. BTW I don't offer advice or sell anything. I am a simple trader trying to grind out a few ticks everyday. Good luck on your quest.

Backwardation

#60     Mar 28, 2004