To IB Management

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nitro, Mar 28, 2004.

1. prophet

prophet

Here is the matching client source.

I don't remember where I found these sources. I tried looking for the link. Couldn't find it.

Note these are not my modified versions. My versions are somewhat proprietary in that they are built into my systems.

#41     Mar 28, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

J.

Of course it can be done. Def is aware of that. But he needs to be diplomatic, and the product manager for TWS is going to say:

"Hmmm, let's see, I have 400 requests for genuine improvements to TWS and IB, but this clown wants to make this business more honest and more accountable? Great, I am all for it, but not on my dime."

I vote for prophet to go and work for IB :D

:( nitro :(

#42     Mar 28, 2004
  3. No, I am referring to "management" of OPM; not system vendoring, subscriptions, etc...

I never referred to the mental-masturbation associated with trading chat rooms or system vendors... that's your forte, not mine.

You're correct in one respect. I have no experience with chat-rooms, high-fiving over taking a handle on a one-lot, something that you're obviously expert at.

1) If the client-subscriptions are a large % of your revs, then you're not going to make it as a trader.

2) Watching you trade for a week is not a statistically-valid sample. With luck, you'll perform poorly and subs will lose interest -- the downside is you hit it out of the park and your subs start trading with unrealistic expectations.

Amateur hour.

riskarb

#43     Mar 28, 2004
  4. prophet

prophet

Think of the advantages of us writing our own application to do this. It would be open source, so everyone could contribute their favorite feature. We could set up an official "track record" database server, trading competitions, or display trading signals and real time PnL in a IM chat client… things that might not make sense for IB to implement, but would be desirable for many on Elitetrader.

Might work out well if I could devote enough time to making systems make money. I need to find a better programmer to help me write stuff like this so I can focus more on testing systems.

#44     Mar 28, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

Hmm, so you came in here to talk about OPM and people that manage it in an instituitional setting? But this is a thread about chatroom operators and vendors and tipsters? I am not going to get into this with you because I do not want to burry the main track of this thread, but you have unresolved "issues."

My forte? What is my "forte?" Please, I am waiting. Do I know you? Again, I think you have "issues."

So then what the hell are you doing in this thread? If I made a post on extraterrestials that give advice in chatrooms, you would have felt compelled to respond? I still do not understand what you are getting at :confused:

Watching me trade for a week? Huh? Let me rephrase for you what the intent of this thread is so that you do not feel compelled to go off on some tangent again, whatever your motivation is, although you do not sound like a vendor, which is somewhat confusing:

I am proposing that IB to implement a "Spectating Accounts." They already do this for clients that are managing OPM. My goal is to suggest that IB extend the reach of that program to ANYONE THAT WANTS TO CREATE A REAL TRACK RECORD and to weed out the impostors that falsely promote themselves up as "educators."

Now, what part of that statement do you not understand?

nitro

#45     Mar 28, 2004
  6. [/QUOTE]

The part in which you actually believe managing assets will evolve out of this ridiculous concept. If you're so eager to manage OPM assets:

1) Get a job trading for a wirehouse(sell-side), CTA or hedge fund <or> with an equity asset manager(buy-side).

2) Trade your account and get an audit for at least three years(preferably five) of exceptional-performance with an excellent Sharpe ratio.

This whole topic is a waste of time -- adding to the analytical-package and increasing reliability should be emphasized, not this, "To IB Management" rubbish.

riskarb

riskarb

#46     Mar 28, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

Well,

That is perhaps true. But I have learned of a great service that IB implements for their institutional clients, and that alone was worth the price of admission.

I do not want to set myself up as anything, let alone someone that manages OPM - PUKE. My desire is to promote helping my profession to clean it up from the people that give it a bad name. IMO, the idea of a "Spectating Account" or something like it has great promise in this respect.

It seems as if your posts are genuinely trying to help, but if you are saying that I am wasting my time with this crap and it is better spent elsewhere, that is almost certainly true.

But I am the man that I am, and the moth goes to a "flame..."

nitro

#47     Mar 28, 2004
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

at paltalk mentor room that I enroll in, the call, stop and target was call & type before the price getting there, I don't think you can simmulate what going to happen before it happen.

#48     Mar 28, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

J.

You are on to something here. This could be like the "Futures Truth" of realtime chatrooms and vendors.

This would RULE.

LMAO. Yeah, I am in the same boat. I should stop dicking around with these morons and work on myself. I just cannot help myself sometimes...

nitro :cool:

#49     Mar 28, 2004
  10. Sounds tradeable...may I ask which service?

Michael B.

#50     Mar 28, 2004