To IB Management

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nitro, Mar 28, 2004.

1. I think the problem is that the speed of the internet is causing most strategies to become obsolete at ever-increasing rates. Couple this with "observers" looking over your shoulder and pretty soon *those* strategies would no longer work to the same extent.

For IB, it might introduce more potential security issues to deal with. I'm sure the legal standpoint would have to be well-researched. A broker does not want to become an "accessory" to some potential problem.

#11     Mar 28, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

InexTrader,

All legitimate concerns. Let me take them one by one.

I agree 100%. But WAIT!!!! Remember, these "mentors" are giving all this incredible advice on ET. How would giving the advice and watching in realtime change anything? The only thing it would change is that these people would be putting their own money on the line on their own advice, and we would watch it happen in REALTIME.

No, there is a right way to do it that would cause no more of a security hole than there exists now. The Webserver the spectators log into would simple pull information in realtime, over a secure VPN internal to IB, the information from the execution server. The added risk to this implementation? About .0000000001% more than exists now.

nitro

#12     Mar 28, 2004
  3. nitro

nitro

Eggggggggggggggggggsxactly, as long as there were no smoke and mirrors.

nitro

#13     Mar 28, 2004
  4. This is not like one of those "go to my PC" things either. as the viewer can only view...

I believe Hotcomm can do this already with a camera Nitro (I participated in a room that did this in Hotcomm)....IF THE CHATROOM WANTS TOO...

Michael B.

#14     Mar 28, 2004
  5. Good idea. Everyone can make big money on it. IB management, I want my piece of actions. Thanks.

#15     Mar 28, 2004
  6. How much would you pay me to spend my time watching your trades Qdz?

Hey maybe you could pay a nickle to ET for each worthless post that you write?

Michael B.

#16     Mar 28, 2004
  7. H2O

H2O

I think it would be a nice thing to see profitable traders 'live' but then I mean LIVE. I can say that I learned a lot from sitting in a room with profitable traders,who's positions I can monitor in realtime and who I can ask WHY they entered/exited etc. etc.

Especially the personal contacts (explanation) gave my trading a boost.

I think this cannot be done over the internet,but still I think it will be a nice feature to see (with permission) other traders trade live, even if you had to pay for it.

#17     Mar 28, 2004
  8. Hey H2O how are you? I have not seen your posts in a while?

Michael B.

#18     Mar 28, 2004
  9. H2O

H2O

ES, (And others)

I'm fine,

I've had little time to post lately altough I've been reading on ET. I will probably log in the chat again beginning this week.

Problem was my hardware setup. When I traded at home, I had a 4 monitor setup, but at the office where I trade now, I only had 2. Last friday I added a 3rd so I will try and see if I can create some space for ET chat.

Trading has been great lately, as I wrote above, I feel like my trading took a boost in the last 3 months (Since I trade in the office) and results point in the same direction (but 3 months is a short period)

Looking forward to see you all in the chat.:cool:

#19     Mar 28, 2004
  10. nitro

nitro

No no no.

This has to be run by the broker.

Look, have you ever seen IB's browser interface to TWS? That is all it would be, except many many users would be allowed to log in as long as they had a legitimate user name, password, and the IP could be authenticated. If permissioned, IB would automatically bring up a TWS with your mentors same symbols, his P/L for the things he/she wanted you to see, etc.

Simple. Now, when you see a trade go off in TWS, IT WOULD BE LIVE AND REAL. Now, in a seperate window, the mentor would be explaining all along all the stuff they say on ET as to why he took the trade.

nitro

#20     Mar 28, 2004