To IB, BUG REPORTING needs to be acknowledged fast and taken seriously

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DirectTrader, Oct 6, 2007.

1. I think we will benefit if IB has another route to submit bug reports. There are many free and open source bug tracking software and tools. Setting up should be in no time. But I am certain IB will never consider them for its own reason.

Submitting bugs via Inquiry Ticket does not do the job well either. Many bugs reports (tickets) are left behind for months without any response. There are a few bugs reported 1 year ago. IB replied saying they are looking into it and will reply you as soon as possible. But that is the only reply received from them.

Anyway IB should acknowledge bugs and promise to fix it as soon as possible.

Please spend some time to vote this ticket if you agree!! :)

Ticket 3054
    ====================================================
    Title: BUG REPORTING needs to be easier and acted upon
    Submitted by: hophead

There needs to be one place to report bugs in TWS and they need to be quickly acknowledged by IB AND actually fixed!!! I am getting fed up of reporting errors by web ticket or on the discussion board that take weeks to be even acknowledged (if ever) and then they are never fixed. Problems with LIFFE Z futures price being divided by 100 has not been fixed months after I reported it. It causes several parts of the software not to work correctly.
    ====================================================

2. IB has a long-standing policy...
    Of constantly releasing software... that is not properly beta tested.

They also have a policy...
    Of LYING to engineers like me...
    Whenever I call in to try and get information about problems with TWS.

For example...
    Both Customer Service and Tech Support...
    Are instructed to LIE to callers...
    And tell then the problem is Java Version...
    And they actually get morons to roll back Java versions...
    Which is a lot like telling morons to roll back Windows XP to Windows 2000...
    NO MATTER WHAT PROBLEM YOU ARE HAVING.

What IB needs is a class action lawsuit...
    And it's only a matter of time before they get a Big One.

3. rayl

rayl

Though generally an IB supporter, I will say all too often, legit bug reports have received the uninstall java and roll back, etc. response.

TWS crashes do seem to get followed up on if auto-reported. Though customer service still says roll back your java typically... but fortunately those automated crash reports do seem to get addressed by a real engineer.

4. Yes it is rather common. They often make non-sensical replies to bug reports or problems.

They should take bug reports rather than beating about the bushes or fooling the customer around.