To everyone who wants to quit their job and trade full-time

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jackson1234, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Let me guess you think you are the next big swinging dick on wall street with your 500 dollar account, I know I did. 5 years later here is my story....I'll keep it simple, i lost all my cash, maxed out my credit cards, max out my loans, borred money from family. never made a dime. Not a single penny, in the 5 years i did this i never actually cashed a check worth more then i put in. You probably think i'm a dumbass, i'm not, I have a college degree. You probably think i'm a smartass, i'm not it's from a mid level college where I bull shitted my way though it. I lost everything, you name it I sold it. Let me guess you think you can beat me, you can't because you are me...think of me as you 5 years from now. This is your warning, run, dont walk, run away from this business. Yeah you are going to approach it like a business, I did and I got nowhere, it cant be beat in the long run. I never had 1 single bad day, just a death of a thousand slow cuts. I can't get a job no matter what, who wants to hire a "trader" from the past 5 years. I passed up good jobs out of college because I thought I could make it, guess what I didnt make it and neither will you. I know what you are saying, I am nothing like this guy, well trust me you are exactly like me. My advise to you is run, dont walk, dont look back, just run away from this living hell, otherwise in 5 years you will be sitting here typing your last post before the internet is shut off. Don't say I didnt try to save you. Yeah it will never happen to you....that's what I said

#41     Dec 2, 2013
  2. schuler

schuler

Thanks, Duke:)

#42     Dec 2, 2013
  3. You could take a chance on... others trading for you.

#43     Dec 2, 2013
  4. I wouldn't post the college you received your degree from on here. Judging by your spelling and grammar they may read this thread, find you, and take the degree back. I don't think any college wants to be associated with that post.

#44     Dec 2, 2013
  5. I completely disagree with this post!

If you want to trade then I would Strongly Suggest Quitting Your Job and going all the way. It is no different than going to college or starting a business. You need to jump in 100% percent otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure. You can’t win half the Super Bowl! Do it or don’t, but don’t be a pussy!

If you want to be a trader, I say Screw what your family, friends, wife or who ever say you should not. They are just jealous and are doing nothing but putting up road blocks because if you become successful they are worried you will leave them. That is the truth!

Don’t buy into this “Trade Part Time” or “Do it After Hours” crap. Grab the bull by the horns (or balls if you can) and join a prop shop. Pay the fees for good training and do What YOU Want! If you don’t you will regret for the rest of your life.

#45     Dec 2, 2013
  6. Occam

Occam

I hope everyone realizes this guy is joking. Deliberately sacrificing family relationships for a 1% chance at a trading career must be one of the worst life decisions anyone could make. I'm reminded of the dot-com era, when people risked their family lives for stock options that most often ended up worthless; only in that case, you at least could relish the success with your co-workers in the unlikely event you succeeded. Not as likely with trading, even if you're among the few who beat the odds and succeed at it.

#46     Dec 3, 2013
  7. Stockie

Stockie

Last week you had figured it out:

This week you're throwing your toys out of the pram:

You could post your trades, get feedback from Elite members, work on your method and mindset, build up a profitable track record, then props firms might take you seriously.

#47     Dec 3, 2013