To everyone who wants to quit their job and trade full-time

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jackson1234, Mar 10, 2010.

1. +1

i agree- hindrance is a good word

#11     Mar 11, 2010
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I also use IB. I trade intra day with high frequency, and that is why KOSPI is ideal for me. My method requires 1 tick spread, no or rare slippage and decent size.

I wish I could also trade KOSPI options, but they are not approved for US residents.

#12     Mar 11, 2010
  3. Biog

Biog

Great post!

#13     Mar 11, 2010
  4. You guys got me curious about KOSPI so I subscribed to the Korean data and pulled up the KOSPI MAR10 futures contract.

Supposedly the market just opened 10 minutes ago (0900 Korean time) but there's no movement.

#14     Mar 11, 2010
  5. Baywolf

Baywolf

Isn't today rollover day?

#15     Mar 11, 2010
  6. There's bid/ask activity on the JUN10 now.
    It looks like MAR10 expired.

#16     Mar 11, 2010
  7. sfcowen

sfcowen

I'm new to this website and you've given me some great advice. I have been trading with a simulator to see how I would do and gain more experience. I promised myself to trade 6-10 months through the simulator and if I'm successful I was going to try to get in with a proprietary firm. I have a pretty good full-time job now, so I want to ask you experienced traders if prop firms accept traders who would start part-time and then move into full-time once they get to a point when they have grasped trading and will be successful. I want to be a trader, but I want to be realistic and not risk putting myself in a bad position and not only hurting my career but effecting my family as well. Thank you in advance, you guys provide a ton of great information!

#17     Mar 12, 2010
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Why do you want to join a prop firm? Futures give you great leverage and are a more leveled instrument than stocks to trade.

#18     Mar 14, 2010
  9. nice thread that reaches out to help so many traders.

#19     Mar 14, 2010
  10. you make 750k a year for the last few yrs?:eek:

#20     Mar 14, 2010