To: European Profi Stock Traders Questions:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tender_andy, Feb 8, 2003.

1. All expressions are german. And since I am german, I should be able to explain something.

"Vinkuliert "means, that if you want to buy the shares, the other shareholders could theoretically deny you the purchase. The term "vinkuliert" is used in combination with the word "Namensaktien" which means that the stockholders are listed and known with their name. If you buy some of these shares, there can be an additional fee.

"Genussschein" is a paper which grants the holder certain rights. This can be a part of the company profits or other rights.

"Liquidationsschein" I never heard of that, but it could have something to do with the liquidation of a company.

2. Captain Future, Thanks a lot ! ! !

can I ask you a couple atock questions more ???

Andy

3. You can ask, but I do not claim to know it all :D

4. 1."FOBA-BER Berlin 1ST OAK BROOK BANC(CLASS'A'COM USD2)"

what does mean all these class A,B,H of stocks? what is the idea behind them?

2."BMQ-BER Berlin BALTIMORE TECH(ORD GBPO.001)"

does it mean ORD = ordinary shares ??

3. "BHH2-BER Berlin BERLIN-HANNOV HYPO(NPV(RFD 1/1/2001))"

what does this date show ??

4. "BKC-BER Berlin BK SARASIN &CIE AG(CHF100(REGD)SER'B')"

what could it mean? does is "REGISTERED"? if yes, what are registered stocks ?

5. "CQS1-BER Berlin CHINA STAR ENTMNT(HKD0.05(POST RECON))"
    what does mean "post recon" ???

sorry if my questions are dumb, but i really want to know all this stock staff, and i couldn`t get any support from neither eSignal nor Exchanges themselves.

5. does all this stuff exert any serious influence on the way of trading a particular stock?

for example - will any nuances arise from the fact that this symbol is not a common stock but ADR or IDR or it is Voting stock or ...etc ????

or all of them going the same way not depending on the their form ??

6. ok, you throw some questions at me, which have not much to do with german terms, but with stock stuff in general, but i try to give you some answers:

1. The different classes of shares may denote different types of shares issued by the company which usually have some different rights attached to

2. I guess it means ordinary

3. No idea

4. seems to be a swiss bank because of the CHF (swiss frank). I am not sure about the "registered" term, but i think it is not important for trading.

5. No idea

7. Before you trade a stock look at the daily volume over the last months and where the stock is traded. You may notice a big difference between different classes of stock or ADR's traded at a foreign exchange compared to the volume and spreads in the home country.
    But in general if they go up, they will all go up and vice versa.
    You should concentrate on the most liquid symbols for the company.

Do you want to trade german/european markets?

8. surely i will be trading both US & euro stocks in mid-term futuree. but i should learn a lot before investing i think.

are any principal differencies between US and Euro stock markts?

9. I think the main difference between European and US markets is the absence of different electronic platforms in one country. In Germany you trade electronically over Xetra. Some cities have floors, but i think 90% of the volume of DAX stocks are traded over Xetra. So no hassle with market makers :cool:

#10     Feb 10, 2003