to destriero (and all others that can help)

Discussion in 'Options' started by happy trading, Jun 6, 2021.

1. JSOP

JSOP

With the increasing interest in options nowadays, I heard equity derivatives traders are highly sought after nowadays. Are you thinking of going back to the field working for those institutions or those "houses"?

#31     Jun 6, 2021
  2. JSOP

JSOP

That's cuz he's little himself. I often find that it's only the people who are little themselves that belittle others. So usually the best course of action is just to ignore them and then they will just disappear to oblivion.

#32     Jun 6, 2021
    cobco and DiceAreCast like this.
  3. SammyJ

SammyJ

Let’s just say you’d be using your supposed millions for new teeth that I assure. It’ll be like Logan Paul tonight . I’m a laid back guy but I’d love to here you crying like a little girl .By the way I’m much bigger than you .But I’m also a former NCAA division 1 wrestling elite and bench 485 .Try being nice to all for a month !!!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    #33     Jun 6, 2021
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Yeah I know about delta hedging and that I can understand can be useful in profiting from volatility but gamma hedging? That does not help in maximizing profit from volatility at all.

#34     Jun 6, 2021
  5. destriero

destriero

You had to edit that? Twice?

#35     Jun 6, 2021
  6. themickey

themickey

In answer to your question, your best bet is from this thread, realize trading is an art form, trading is moulded to personalities, it's not like engineering or physics which has right and wrong rules.
    Either get a mentor (difficult) or work it out yourself, no one is here to hold your hand. Trading in a way is a dog eat dog world, it just doesnt make sense to train for free your stranger competitors.

#36     Jun 6, 2021
    comagnum and johnarb like this.
  7. destriero

destriero

2021-06-06_13-25-02.png

#37     Jun 6, 2021
  8. taowave

taowave

@JSOP...Sure it does...Think about it

Realized vol vs Implied..

Delta hedging is gamma hedging...
    What causes your Delta to change??

#38     Jun 6, 2021
  9. SammyJ

SammyJ

Since I’m a nice guy harsh words come hard . But for you I make the exception. Seriously why do you belittle people all the time ?

#39     Jun 6, 2021
    Vtechno likes this.
  10. tonyf

tonyf

So much testosterone...chill everyone!

Here is my honest advice to the OP. Go away, get your 3 levels of CFA and obsess about understanding businesses.

Options are just a mean to invest or hedge and nothing else. Too many guys on this forum obsess about the wrong things like option voodoo stuff, the definition of a random walk.

Come back here to widen your horizons...

Edit: but then again, you did not ask for my advice and I don't feel entitled to just throw it at you.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    #40     Jun 6, 2021