to destriero (and all others that can help)

Discussion in 'Options' started by happy trading, Jun 6, 2021.

1. taowave

taowave

Good question,and I come in peace..I don't know Des,but I do know he is extremely knowledgeable regarding option "math".. I have gained valuable insight from his posts,and FWIW I was the head trader of equity derivatives at a major I B..

Imho,he knows his shit,and the higher option voodoo is not what impresses me...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    #11     Jun 6, 2021
    ITM_Latino, Atikon, cesfx and 3 others like this.
  2. taowave

taowave

Slow down my friend,you may get hurt:)

Read up on Delta hedging,which I do not believe Des focuses on

#12     Jun 6, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

The problem you are going to have here, I believe, is that dest and others do not know what "level" you are referring to. You say you are at a certain level, and feel dest and others are above it. Describe to your audience what level you are currently on, to see which level they can propel you up towards.

#13     Jun 6, 2021
    JSOP likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

lol if I gave a fuck what any of you thought... I posted a YT in real-time when I had my first >1MM day gain. You tell me how to fake it in real time. The quotes match the post time stamp. The pic is in my dest everything journal. I post a figure when I feel like trolling the losers. If you want an audit... then write a check. Otherwise fuck straight off. You've gotten exactly what you've paid for.

#14     Jun 6, 2021
  5. destriero

destriero

Not true. My first mil-day was 2001 during the RAES arb. I did 1.1 on a Monday of the week that OCC locked the crossed mkts in COMS.

#15     Jun 6, 2021
  6. tonyf

tonyf

Would you say you are more comfortable when surrounded by yesmen/disciples or people challenging your line of thinking in the hope of helping you?

#16     Jun 6, 2021
  7. taowave

taowave

Des taking on Des,mano y mano...

You ready.???

#17     Jun 6, 2021
    ITM_Latino, johnarb and destriero like this.
  8. themickey

themickey

Sounds a bit like a sparrow telling an eagle how to fly.

#18     Jun 6, 2021
  9. destriero

destriero

I have a chat group with ~25 guys in there and about half are former sell-side and current buy-side. It's 70% chit chat and 30% active brainstorming. One of the guys is up 300-400% at a Sharpe of probably 10.

Does that answer your condescending question?

#19     Jun 6, 2021
    ITM_Latino, Atikon and johnarb like this.
  10. tonyf

tonyf

Maybe...we are all sparrows and eagles in our own way I guess.
    But I am with Nassim T. (a family friend) on this one: he is always doubtful and questions himself everyday.

#20     Jun 6, 2021
    cobco likes this.