to conservatives -is Bush the worst ever?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Fact one. We invaded Iraq to stop those nasty WMD's from being used on us. I supported, and still support that move. We were wrong. At the point we realized there were no WMD's we should have bailed out, stating to the world we ain't playin' games anymore, so don't call our bluff.
    Fact two. Bush decided to stay and "liberate" the Iraqi people. Stupid f'n move and goes to prove fact one wasn't the real reason he invaded in the first place.
    Fact three. When the moron decided to stay and kick ass, we should have kicked ass. The silly little fuck Al Sadr should have had a bullet in his head years ago. Instead the f'n pussy that Bush is, he turned our military into cops. Stupid beyond belief.
    Fact four. It's been painfully obvious for at least 2 years this war is being lost. Why are we still there? Because Iraqis will slaughter themselves if we leave? What the fuck do I care about that! Because Iraq will become a terrorist base camp? Couldn't give a fuck less.
    All we need to do is send a message to all terrorist nations that is clear. They mess with us we'll blast their shittly little countries off the map. Then we need the stones to actually do that when required and fuck anyone that doesn't like it.

#51     Apr 25, 2007
  2. Yo, SteveD:

God tells him what to do. (!!)

1) He unilaterally (vis-a-vis the world stage) invades Iraq on selective "intelligence." He ignores the advice of his military advisors. Colin Powell's political career was destroyed by this lesser man.

2) He gives tax cuts to the rich at a time when war spending is fairly prohibitive. A lot of spending was cut to pay for those tax cuts. I had seen a partial list some time ago. I don't follow this thing as closely as you should since I reside in Canada. I do know that your country's oil companies are (or were) getting much needed tax incentives as are your various outsourcing enterprises.

3) He gives important jobs to incompetent cronies.

4) And then there is that stem cell thing. (I'm sure God had a hand in that one, too.)

5) He is far too arrogant for a man of relatively modest intelligence. (Perhaps the two go hand in hand.)

The list goes on. I'm just an ill-informed observer. You're the one on stage in this tragicomedy.

#52     Apr 25, 2007
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

The level of delusion is getting skyhigh on ET.....

Also it is amazing how seemingly intelligent people don't get it right when it goes to politics...

P.S.:
    goes to prove fact one wasn't the real reason he invaded in the first place.

Then why did you list it as FACT #1??? :)

#53     Apr 25, 2007
  4. Yo, SteveD:

And another thing. Your country has not been this polarized since the days of the Civil War. You have largely your president to thank for that and the fact that the US has never been disliked by as many countries before. I still think that the US is the shining star of hope in this world, but not with guys like Bush at the helm.

Thanks for asking.

#54     Apr 25, 2007
  5. I think some of you are underestimating the harm Carter did. He is really the father of islamofascist terrorism. He pulled the persian carpet out from under the Shah of Iran, because of his concern for "human rights", then sat passively as the islamists took over and proceeded to slaughter thousands of Iranians who had cooperated with us. Then he sat passively as they took over our embassy and held us hostage for a year. Then he completely sold us out with the accord that freed the hostages. If he had acted decisively at any point, the world would have been spared 30 years of Iranian-sponsored terrorism and a future of Iranian nukes.

Bush has been a mediocre president but his mistakes will wash away pretty quickly. Carter's pose a dire threat to us even now.

#55     Apr 25, 2007
  6. jem

jem

Did you engage a thinking part of your brain before you wrote that?

I forget the entire scenario but
    when Ca was getting screwed by enron, Bush could have moderated the screwing via fed energy reg comssion or some similar name. It later came out Cheney was meeting with the Enron boys at the time.

Instead of looking out for CA he sat by and let his buddies at enron screw millions of people in CA out of billions of dollars.

(profit motive - oil buddies)

Harriet Miers - personal friendship proof that he was willing to screw his constituents. (Profit motive - pay back for friends - insulation from future troubles )

Port deal - you know his dad and Carlyle were going to clean up on that - or it was payback. It made no sense to try and screw the people of the U.S. that badly.

No bids to Hal - thats "no bids" - Cheney and the oil crew again.

I could go on ... but your lack of comprehension is plain to see.

#56     Apr 25, 2007
  7. SteveD

SteveD

OK....

Deals with tax incentives to oil companies was done in 1990's under Clinton administration.....oil was at 12/BBL.....no drilling as too risky....needed to get domestic oil co. to drill.....

If no domestic drilling , we would be importing even more and the liberals would be screaming about that....LOL

Unilateral invasion: How many UN sanctions violated??? How many countries signed up for invasion???

EARTH TO LIBERALS:: It is the rich that pay the taxes!!!!

US has 5% unemployment, 5% interest rate and 2-3% inflation...just a terrible economy.....

HAL: Who else can build a military base??? Name a company, please....

CA Electric: Everyone, outside of CA, agrees that this was a self-inflicted wound that the CA regulators set-up....Enron, among others, merely took advantage of stupid legislators....

Now, we can have a legimate discussion about re-regulating utilities.....if prices go down then it is good....if they go up, everyone wants Gov to step in.....

Look at this scenario:

Bush/Congress get WMD intell.....Bush says intell not correct....no WMD in Iraq....2 years later saddam lobs "scud" missiles with mustard gas into Isreal and kills 10,000 people.....

See it is easy to armchair quarterback in hindsight....but a President, any President, has to make a decision on the best information before him at the time......so he takes the heat....

But, I would rather he make a mistake and kill saddam than make a mistake and have saddam kill us....

Would you really want a weak-kneeded, poll driven Kerry making those kind of decisions???

I think Bush understands the enemy we face much more than Timmy Russert, Little Wolfie Blitzer or other small brained people, including Harry Reid.....

These islamic Fascist have been blowing up Jewish school children long before we got involved.....

Liberals view the world through a haze covered allusion of utopia

Conservatives view the world as the facts before them....

Stay a little bit more open minded about this things....look at the other side of each set of circumstances....mental "what if"

SteveD

#57     Apr 25, 2007
  8. Bush is the worst president ever. Period.

Never, never, never have both liberals and conservatives both hated one man. Rarely do we see such agreement from liberals and conservatives, i.e. Bush is a horrible president.

Nixon wasn't really hated by conservatives, the conservative politicians were just responding to the times, the outrage of the voters is why they turned on Nixon so vehemently. This effect will also be seen as we get closer to the 2008 election, it will be harder and harder to find a conservative who wants to be re-elected/elected who will say kind words about Bush's failed policies.

I would not even be surprised if the repubs asked Bush and Cheney NOT to appear at the 2008 republican convention.

Carter was not hated by the liberals, it was mainly one sided hatred from the right. Many dems thought Carter was ineffective, but hardly held the type of hatred for him that we see conservatives hold for Bush.

So, without any doubt, Bush is the worst president, hated by more people on both extremes.

Now, does the middle/centrist like Bush?

Nope...

#58     Apr 26, 2007
  9. fhl

fhl

Speak for yourself. "Yourself" hates Bush, that's what liberals do. They hate people that disagree with them. You said it, dude. Conservatives disagree with some of his policies, but we don't hate him.

#59     Apr 26, 2007
  10. So you hate Bush policies, but love the man?

That is funny.

Oh yes, the repugniklans are famous for hating the sin while loving the sinner...

#60     Apr 26, 2007