to conservatives -is Bush the worst ever?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Apr 24, 2007.

1. lindq

lindq

I don't know. It really is a toss-up. Both Nixon and Bush are an embarassment to the nation.

Nixon was widely reviled as a crook and a liar, and responsible for many deaths in Vietnam that should have been avoided. (Remember, at that point in time over 50 THOUSAND Americans had died in Vietnam.)

Bush is at historical low ratings and viewed worldwide as a fool and a liar, also responsible for many deaths that should have been avoided.

Take your pick.

#21     Apr 24, 2007
  2. Then discuss with your father how it is possible that such a person became prez of the great US of A. What and who is behind that move? This is very important. Time to wake up, not too late yet.

Ursa..

#22     Apr 24, 2007
  3. I think Nixon was more of an einzelgaenger, a lone ranger. He didn't have many friends and was paranoic in a sense. If he was a crook than it was because he didn't know how to reach his personal goals differently.

Bush is much more embedded and part of a gang. There is a bigger agenda and there is much more power behind it. He has cronies.

Maybe Nixon was worse as a prez, but Bush is far worse for the country, and the world. Just as predicted, btw.

Ursa..

#23     Apr 24, 2007
  4. Bush will easily go down as the worst president since Grant.

Give it a few years more when tax cuts and war combined bestowed upon us at the same time result in 60%-75% top marginal tax rates ..,and are required just to fund govi contingent liabilities.

I told everyone I knew in 2000 to "un-dollarize your assets." Looking like a genius now as America gets poorer by the day.

#24     Apr 24, 2007
  5. Turok

Turok

The Dr.
    >I told everyone I knew in 2000 to "un-dollarize your
    >assets." Looking like a genius now as America gets
    >poorer by the day.

Sure thing "genius"... the classic american dollar investment vehicles (markets, etc) have just been trashed in the last 6 or so years. Not!

JB

#25     Apr 24, 2007
  6. WFT are you talking about? Be specific or don't waste my time.

#26     Apr 24, 2007
  7. Turok

Turok

ROFLAO -- the word "markets" not specific enough for you "genius"? We are on a trading board after all.

Pay particular attention to the word "classic" in my statement and perhaps you can amaze us and figure it out.

JB

#27     Apr 24, 2007
  8. One last chance.

Care to be specific as to why you think it was a mistake to non-dollar my assets years ago? Or do you just wanna continue to be seen as a knownothing?

Your choice.

#28     Apr 24, 2007
  9. Holy crap !!! Are you ever misinformed !!!

Nixon pretty much got us OUT of Vietnam...

Under his 1st term, he rduced the number of troops by 500,000 and left about 20,000 there,, cut spending on the war by 80%, kept the North Vietnamese at bay through a bombing campaign, and by Jan 1973 got the north and south to sign a truce - remember the Paris Peace Accords? Nixon used the following as leverage against the North : keep Haiphong Harbor mined, Give support to the South, or resume the bombing campaign - to keep the North honest.

In August 1973, at the height of Watergate, the Democrat led Congress demanded that the Pres(Nixon) get their approval before resuming any bombing campaign. The North then promptly invaded the South. And then Dems refused to give aid to the South. The South held off the North lone wolf style for over a year anyways...

LBJ was the butcher of THAT war........

#29     Apr 24, 2007
  10. Bullshit...it was McNamara.

LBJ was just a dumbfcuk redneck political puke from Texas. Much like our guy now.

#30     Apr 24, 2007