to conservatives -is Bush the worst ever?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Apr 24, 2007.

1. the writing was so clearly on the wall. it's annoying to hear the republican partisan voters complain now. imo, very bad judges of character - or just blinded by the need to belong to a 'winning' side

#11     Apr 24, 2007
  2. jem

jem

or having to vote that way because the dems put up such crappy candidates.

#12     Apr 24, 2007

3. Bush and Kerry are both elitist douche bags. Kerry may be more socially liberal ,but they serve the same masters. Kerry is a Skull and Bones Yalie just like the Bushes. If we give the political spectrum a Y axis ,we can see where Kerry fits relative to Bush and the Neocons.

http://www.progressiveliving.org/graphics/TRUE_POLITICAL_SPECTRUM.htm

#13     Apr 24, 2007
  4. well if you think kerry would have been worse, then you can take comfort in your decision to advocate bush for president

personally i wish americans would object to being funneled by the two party system, and refuse to endorse candidates with obvious character problems even if they appear to be the better evil

at the very least, don't advocate a person like bush (not sure to what degree you did personally beyond voting for him)

#14     Apr 24, 2007
  5. jem

jem

I am not sure of your point I said I voted against kerry and Gore and I even voted for Perot against Bush senior and clinton. I would love to see a viable third and fourth party. We might get real leadership.

#15     Apr 24, 2007
  6. You have to vote for one of them. I realize it's a chicken and egg situation, but voting for a thrid party candidate is throwing away your vote.

The biggest factor in presidential elections is usually who your opponent is. Bush was lucky, but so was Clinton. They faced four weak opponents between them.

In fact, the last president who faced a strong opponent was probably JFK. Nixon was the incumbent VP, had far more experience and was a very intelligent man. He lost a squeeker that was won because of democrat vote fraud. In some ways, his loss was analogous to Al Gore's, ie a better qualified candidate losing because of likeability. Unlike Gore, Nixon accepted defeat gracefully and did not try to embroil the country in a constitutional crisis, even though he had very good grounds to do so.

#16     Apr 24, 2007

7. Good one dddooo, but your posts speak otherwise. And you shouldn't go throwing stones about whom voted for who when voters like you urged America to "drain the swamp" only to give us Nancy Pelosi, Keith Ellison, and your favorite - Jon Corzine (a lazy, dumb, incurious, ignorant, arrogant, stubborn frat boy), etc.

#17     Apr 24, 2007
  8. jem

jem

I clicked on the chart of the political spectrum.

I used to buy into the - no real leader would put up with the crap it takes to be president concept.

But now I am a bit more suspicious - perhaps no real leader can get enough campaign money to be president.

The system needs to change.

#18     Apr 24, 2007
  9. but do you have to vote for one of them AAA?

this is where i think the broken system everyone accepts is thoroughly misleading. everyone wants their vote to count, but if feeling counted still results in a harmful leader, wouldn't it have been better not to vote, or vote 3rd party?

if a candidate seems like they would make a bad president, i can't think of a good reason to vote for them

#19     Apr 24, 2007
  10. My father and I are republicans. But both of us believe this is the worst President we have ever witnessed.

#20     Apr 24, 2007