to conservatives -is Bush the worst ever?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Apr 24, 2007.

1. jem

jem

I just can not believe how the crap just keeps rolling out.

Is Bush the worst president ever? But how much?

Please consider the damage he has done to the future of the country both by his policies and his destruction of Republicans and more importantly conservatives.

Was this all just a plot by the Neo cons to wipe out real conservatives?

2. Bush claims he prays for guidence every day. Must be getting bad advice.

WASHINGTON, DC—President Bush, already facing the lowest approval ratings in history, is coming under fire from former supporters over what they call his "ineffectual and incompetent" use of prayer for national guidance and assistance
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46938

3. No, that was conservatives like you voting twice for a complete moron (and you were repeatedly told that he was a moron), supporting his disastrous policies (and you were repeatedly told that his policies were disastrous), covering his lies (and you were repeatedly told that he lied).

You were told in 1999 that Bush was not smart enough to run a McDonalds let alone the free world. You did not listen. You were told that his policies were a disaster, that the war in Iraq was a quagmire, that he was incompetent, that his appointees were cronies, not professionals...But you did not listen. For 6 years despite huge amount of evidence you were in a state of complete denial.

You were the ones who chose to believe that Gore and Kerry would have been worse, you were the ones who chose to believe that Gore claimed to have invented the internet, that Kerry was a coward in Vietnam while Bush was a hero in Texas despite all the evidence to the contrary.

No Jem, as convenient as it may be to blame someone else for your own actions you have no one else to blame, not the neocon plot, not the liberals, not the UN, not the martians, you have only yourself to blame.

PS of course I am not talking about you personally but about all Bush supporters and voters.

4. jem

jem

In the last presidential election it was your fault for nominating a clown like kerry to run against Bush.

I voted against kerry. And I said so many times before and after the presidential election. Many conservatives did not even vote in the mid term last election even though that is against our principles.

Look at the shit we got now. Pelosi... ah I cant even go on. This is off point.

Kerry was a nightmare of a candidate, he had lower grades than bush, and he had the worst record in congress I had ever seen.

I will admit I could not foresee Bush doing this poorly

Are you conservative dddooo

5. Worse than LBJ? Worse than Carter? Worse than Nixon?

I have been deeply disappointed in both Bush and the entire republican party, but I don't think the damage he has done can possibly compare to that inflicted on the country by LBJ and Carter. Bush to me most resembles Nixon, a well-meaning but flawed president who followed poor advice, on economic matters in his case, and who ultimately became a hostage to circumstances. Bush had the considerable advantage of a republican-controlled congress for most of his term, a luxury Nixon never enjoyed.

Bush's failings largely center on two areas, Iraq and immigration. He, and his father before him, seemed obssessed by Saddam Hussein to the extent that they both mismanaged our relationship with Iraq. Prior to the senior Bush's administration, Iraq was not an overt enemy of this country, and it played an important role as a check on Iran. Now Bush junior has so fouled up that our best case scenario for Iraq, what they consider victory, is the entrenchment of an islamist-dominated government closely allied with Iran.

On immigration, Bush has basically sold out the country and his supporters for the benefit of a few businesses that profit from illegals. He has managed to split his party over the issue and reopen fissures among the party's core factions.

6. In the last presidential election it was your fault for nominating a clown like kerry to run against Bush.
    Oh come on, Kerry was OK. Far from the best candidate/campaigner of course but a decent thoughtful and knowledgeable person who would make a fine president. It's the republican MO to demonize the opposition, if you chose to believe the crap they spewed about Kerry, Gore, Edwards, Clinton, if you hate the opposition so passionately that you are willing to blindly buy (despite all the evidence to the contrary) all that nonsense Karl Roves of the republican party feed you - you have no one else to blame. In Bush you got exactly what you deserved. Unfortunately I did not.

Many conservatives did not even vote in the mid term last election even though that is against our principles.
    Too fucking late.

Are you conservative dddooo
    I am independent. I am conservative on some issues, I am as progressive as they come on some other issues. But I would never in my life cast a ballot for a lazy, dumb, incurious, ignorant, arrogant, stubborn frat boy regardless of his party affiliation.

7. I don't recall Bush running on a platform to create a mess in Iraq, ignore the immigration laws and sell out his supporters. It's totally fair to blame him and his administration.

Saying we should have voted for Gore and Kerry is laughable. At least Bush was well-intentioned and made some decent appointments. That pair would have produced endless tax increases, endless regulation, more leftwing kook judges telling us how to live our lives, a continuation of Clinton's wimpy policies on terrorism, plus we would probably have had an even worse immigration crisis.

8. jem

jem

to dddooo

I voted for Perot I never trusted any Bush because the elder Bush was a fake. he started out as a liberal and attempted to become more conservative to get elected. He was the typical blue blood eastern moneyed republican. Which was fine when it got them elected. But when the party became more conservative, many of rockefeller repubs put on a fake coat of conservatism.

for similar reasons I could never vote for Kerry or Hillary. Their lack of core principles is amazing - I had no idea what Kerry would do or to whom he was beholden.

He is a Senator with good cosmetic surgery. He could have gotten all sorts of women - look what he married, for money...

We do not need to rehash all of kerry faults again. if you think he was a fine candidate... fine... but it does illustrate a point.

Democratic candidates get through their primaries by being liberal.

Then the candidates change character and become more like the majority of the country in just a few months. This makeover not only manifests a lack of leadership it highlights a character "flaw".

Liberals do not seem to be bothered by this hypocrisy... the majority of the country is bothered by hypocrisy.

9. I don't recall Bush running on a platform to create a mess in Iraq, ignore the immigration laws and sell out his supporters. It's totally fair to blame him and his administration.
    No, not in 2000 he did not. He ran on "Stay the course" platform in 2004 though.

Saying we should have voted for Gore and Kerry is laughable.
    Probably not laughable to soldiers killed in Iraq and their families, not laughable to my kids who will be forced to pay Bush's debts.

At least Bush was well-intentioned and made some decent appointments.
    Surprisingly his good intentions were always in line with the interests of the Oil industry, insurance industry, military industry.

That pair would have produced endless tax increases
    Now you're talking, it's all about taxes. So you got your tax cuts, why is Jem complaining that Bush is not a conservative. You unfortunately don't understand a very simple economic concept - unless it's supported by spending cuts it is NOT a tax cut, it's a tax deferral. We'll have to pay for all his spendings sooner or later anyway (plus hefty interest).

endless regulation, more leftwing kook judges telling us how to live our lives,
    You mean rightwingers are not trying to regulate abortions, regulate flag burning?

plus we would probably have had an even worse immigration crisis.
    Immigration laws were enforced much stronger by the Clinton administration than by Bush.

10. jem

jem

to aaa

I lived through carter. But my dad worked for an oil company. So while bruce springsteen was singing about how bad the times were at the factory, I was in high school in Greenwich.

I remember how bad Carter sucked but I think Bush might be worse. Far worse.

#10     Apr 24, 2007