To Build Or Not To Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jjme007, Jul 17, 2006.

1. are you a trader?

#31     Jul 18, 2006
  2. jjme007

jjme007

Quote from ElectricSavant
    are you a trader?
    That’s a perceptive question. If you mean am I day trader no. I am a casual trader/ investor and I’m interested in taking it a notch further – perhaps an active swing trader status. I’m aware that some might consider fussing over parts and reliability of a computer for this purpose as overblown, but nothing could dissuade me from taking very seriously the importance of communications. I would rather not concern myself about the innards of a computer, but the alternative which is to rely on others for advice when basic hardware issues/ problems arise well I have been down that road and it’s not very satisfactory. I have heard nothing to convince me to the contrary.

#32     Jul 18, 2006
  3. jjme007

jjme007

Quote from JBlankenship
    I would check out www.pricewatch.com.
    Thank you, excellent link. I would have to investigate if its worth having them ship into Canada.

#33     Jul 18, 2006
  4. Sigh! never mind...perhaps I am jealous.

#34     Jul 18, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

On several occasions I've priced components with consideration of building one, but I've never come CLOSE to the savings you claim... not even once. Therefore, I'm concluding you are exaggerating because you're a Dell hater.

#35     Jul 19, 2006
  6. To the contrary I like dell. All my monitors are dell and am quite happy with them. I have hp laptop and like it more than dell ones I have used in the past. If you dont believe if you can build high end computers and save money compared to dell go to ebay and see comparable computers in $1200-2400 range and youll notice dell computers are not the cheapest. Youll also notice all the cheapest computers in that range are custom made ones. Like i said if you know when and where to buy parts and build a decent computer Youll save lots of money and get a much better computer than buying from dell. I have build several computers for myself at very big discount to dell. I have no reason to lie or exaggerate. was only trying to help

#36     Jul 20, 2006