To become a better trader: Passionate vs Making Money

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by emg, May 26, 2011.

1. I'm an honest fan that is disappointed and disgusted by the actions of a coach I respected and players I thought were smarter than I gave them credit for.

All college players, at that level, are paid to play. That is part of what is wrong with the system. I have a high school classmate that investigates issues for the NCAA.

#41     Jul 7, 2011
  2. cornix

cornix

I am from Russia, I have no slightest idea who he is. :D

But I know for sure that Klitschko brothers first learnt how to punch well and then became rich and famous, not the other way around. :)

#42     Jul 8, 2011
  3. his out of his fooking mind that maverick.how could that be not about money:confused: :confused: :confused:

#43     Jul 8, 2011
  4. the same way one should be trading.

one-two whatchagonnado:D

#44     Jul 8, 2011
  5. EMG, arent you the donkey ass that said people that use stops are doomed to failure?

Why don't you learn the importance of order types(like stops) to protect your equity as some of us pro traders do before posting more "brain in ass" questions.

using stops lead to failure, passionate trading??? LOL, I think you need to get off the crystal meth my friend.

#45     Jul 8, 2011
  6. Spot on!!

#46     Jul 8, 2011
  7. emg

emg

the klitschko brothers are lucky to dominate the heavy weight division today because there is no real players. They all retire. Heavy weight division is dead and have been dead since the early 2000s.

#47     Jul 8, 2011
  8. cornix

cornix

I agree with you, that heavyweight has become very boring lately.

But my point was not that, it was that first comes the professional skill, money comes after it.

So one's focus better be on becoming a good pro in the chosen profession, rather than on the money itself.

And it is actual for trading probably more than to anything else, because markets are driven by fear and greed, by the thoughts about the money.

And to get ahead of those 90% you mention in your every post one better not be like that losing crowd, which only thinks about the money. :p

#48     Jul 8, 2011
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is not passionate, that is INEFFECTIVE.

#49     Jul 8, 2011
  10. You can't trade. You are the laughingstock in ET.

#50     Jul 10, 2011