To be remote or not to be...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by realstockaddict, Feb 18, 2004.

1. cuz

cuz

I agree

#21     Feb 22, 2004
  2. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I mean, you have a trader put up X and he she can trade up to 5x sounds like a good deal. As long as they share in the Tax advantages of the firm, and as long as the pay out is close to 90% or more, along with super low comish.

Bottom line is the price ur paying for in Comish. I think the comission rate is the most important factor to consider when cking out a prop shop that has you put up money. And the progressive comission rate is bullsht, the more you churn, the lower your fees? There is a reason behind that model....figuer out the math you u'll see why.

Otherwise...the new model of Props asking you as a trader, to share in the risk seems fine by me.

#22     Feb 22, 2004
  3. yes.

#23     Feb 22, 2004
  4. ________________________
    I use Echotrade remote. If I have a problem they are really pretty good at getting you out. I also like their blackbox software, predator pro. No problems at all with executions.

I traded in one of their offices at first and it was good, just didn't like having to get up early to get ready to go into the office, much prefer trading at home and spending the extra time getting ready to trade instead of wasting it driving.

I doubt that any shop will cover your losses when their system goes down. Way to much exposure for them to risk.

#24     Feb 24, 2004
  5. jimmyz

jimmyz

Remote trader here from Manhattan at 110 and 99 wall

Went remote about 2 yrs ago and the connection is actually faster at home than the T1 line was in the office. (Optimum Online)

Nothing beats a GOOD trading desk. They were hard to find, but the guys that were and still are true professionals didn't slam the desk. Granted I sat next to a few wild ones, but the big money makers that I usually saw would be calm as could be. You never knew if they were up 10,000 or down 2,000. In other words they just had great emotional discipline.

Trading now through assent and honestly have had no problems with my connections. Haven't been down once. Connected through a VPN and comparing Hammer to the old WLDC platform is like comparing a shotgun to throwing stones.

I hear and read about all the other problems some people have had with Assent but thankfully I can say that I have had none. Maybe I just got lucky?

#25     Feb 24, 2004
  6. Traders who use the VPN version of Hammer have not reported the problems that have been associated with the Cytrix-based client version of Hammer, which is what most "remote" traders use.

There is a difference.

#26     Feb 24, 2004
  7. So why are they using the Cytrix instead of the VPN?

#27     Feb 24, 2004
  8. Cytrix-based versions of software trading platforms are "painted" onto your screen, and as a result do not need to be downloaded onto your hard drive, ( like a VPN version ) nor do they require any intensive I/O on your drive.

However, recent versions of VPN platforms have been designed to be less hard drive instensive, and demand less resources from your computer.

#28     Feb 24, 2004