To Apple Computer...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Aug 9, 2005.

1. nitro

nitro

Please make a 15" 1280 x 1024 Powerbook and you have a customer.

nitro

2. BSAM

BSAM

Nitro.....

You do realize you are on the EliteTrader.com website, no?

3. nitro

nitro

:eek:

nitro :D

4. opw

opw

Is 1280 x 854 not close enough?

5. nitro

nitro

No.

nitro

6. Holmes

Holmes

Nitro

what charting packages are available for Powerbook?

Tnx
    Sherlock

7. opw

opw

Investor R/T
    ProRealtime (java, works very well)
    Livecharts (java applet, cheap, good hotlists, but short)
    Interactive Brokers charting (Java, hopefully somewhere in the (distant?) future as good as Prorealtime)
    Beesoft's ProTA (EOD)

8. Holmes

Holmes

OPW

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately none is fitting my requirements.

Sherlock

9. opw

opw

Holmes, that is why I am - reluctantly- trading on a -god forbid- pretty annoying Windows XP portable...

Although this one (Acer 1703) does have a 17 inch 1280 x 1024 screen built in, I much prefer my 1280 x 854 Aluminium Powerbook for all other things besides trading...

It weighs only a tenth of it, OS X is magnificent and it is a much more elegant machine, both in looks, design and engineering...

If only there would be a killer charting app available on it... (and trade-ideas would be fine too)

10. Holmes

Holmes

Same here, cannot stand the "bloat" of MSN and the other -proverbial brown matter of a liquid smelly nature-.

I remember the days my neighbour was at the local polytechnic. And there on a PC with a DX4-74 CPU, 24Mb of RAM and 2 x 300Mb SCSI hard disks he had 50 Oracle students and another 40 or so learning UNIX (vi, sed etc). Just using plain terminal emulation....

I was looking at VMware (and still have it for a "ready to run backup installation") but the video performance just is not good enough (no hardware accelleration). Otherwise I would be going to Solaris / Linux on a multi CPU machine.

Later
    Sherlock

#10     Aug 10, 2005