To all thee would-be traders out there....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by truth101, Jun 24, 2017.

1. sss12

sss12

You are barking up a different tree. I do not 6 m calls, I make continuous st calls. As I said in my previous post " it kept breaking support" indicating many shorter term calls.

If it continues to break supports, I keep my short bias. If it rally's, and starts breaking R, that will change. All you guys with your absolute statements and it's my way or the highway do not get it.

#11     Jun 24, 2017
  2. MACD

MACD

No matter what you use to determine your trades it boils down to one "absolute statement": To be a consistently profitable trader you must trade based on probabilities. (Yes, I know the next obvious question is, "how to determine the probabilities and then which system or strategy do you employ to profit from them?"

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    #12     Jun 24, 2017
    Alpha Trader likes this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Now what am I supposed to do if I have financial responsibility during the first couple of years of start of trading? You didn't specify. LOL

And also btw, indicators IS technical analysis, a large part of it. Your particular method of trading by observing price action is a specialized style of technical analysis but not the only method.

#13     Jun 24, 2017
    Alpha Trader likes this.
  4. Gasparov

Gasparov

It's funny you said that TA is the truth (I agree) and that there's no way to make a million in the first year (I disagree)..if you truly understand TA you would come to a realization eventually that you can trade the same moves over and over and win every time...otherwise you cannot say TA is everything. I mean, you could've easily made over $1 million in one week during the U.S. elections of 2016, just by using TA and day trading NFLX/GOOG/AMZN options. I'm pretty sure several people did.

But I also wouldn't say it's the only way, as some people clearly make money without knowing any TA whatsoever.

#14     Jun 24, 2017
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

truth101,

Your first post, if this is not just another member name you created, did not really tell us anything new. And as a first post, you did not tell us anything about you and your experiance or ask a question. Where do you expect this will go from here?

Bob

#15     Jun 24, 2017
  6. I think his experience is clearly observed in those statements.

#16     Jun 24, 2017
  7. Overnight

Overnight

It is feeling like a bottom, long-term. *shrugs*.

#17     Jun 24, 2017
  8. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

Definitely, and that experience seems a huge money losing experience. He seemed to have experienced every conceivable way to lose money.

:D

#18     Jun 24, 2017
    fordewind likes this.
  9. Ah, the biggest pitfall of all regarding TA. FA etc. is all about predicting future valuation.
    But using TA to predict where prices will be at year's end, on your dog's birthday or whenever is probably one of the greatest, and most common, misuses of TA that there is.

#19     Jun 24, 2017
    Gasparov likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

So if TA cannot be used to predict where price will go, then what good is it?

What is TA for? Hello, yes? TA, FA, blah blah blah is used to hopefully give us an idea of what price might do. Am I wrong on this bit? My TA over the last 4,000 years of everything shows that price of everything is going to swing. Hmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

So...What does my TA show for the future? It shows absolutely dick. It shows NOTHING!

But stick a little FA in there and then aha, you might have something.

#20     Jun 24, 2017