To all the people thrashing Obama....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilduckling, Oct 27, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Hey Man.

The Game is take down the Country.

The Trans-Texas Corridor that spears up the North American Super-Highway is being built on land confiscated by that Ruling.

The sooner people admit to themselves what’s going on, the sooner we take this Country back and undergo a real cultural renaissance.

Of course, Barry will do jack shit about this. Hasn't said a peep about it. And Good Ol Bush was the Fucker that spear-headed it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EyXV1GxikE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EyXV1GxikE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#21     Oct 27, 2008
  2. I would say the constitutional right to bare arms does leave room for necessary interpretation.

#22     Oct 27, 2008
  3. as far as taking my guns....... good luck

#23     Oct 27, 2008
  4. "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Thats a loaded sentence.

#24     Oct 27, 2008
  5. I think most reasonable people would agree that the right to carry a sub-machine gun into a crowded stadium is "open to interpretation". The right to keep a small caliber pistol in one's home for personal protection is a no-brainier protected right. ANYONE who'd rule otherwise is a no holds barred enemy of the Constitution.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gun_Control.htm

Obama on the 2nd Amendment:

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."
    Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
    a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
    b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
    c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok
    Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?
    A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

Concealed carry OK for retired police officers
    Obama voted for a bill in the Illinois senate that allowed retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed weapons. If there was any issue on which Obama rarely deviated, it was gun control. He was the most strident candidate when it came to enforcin and expanding gun control laws. So this vote jumped out as inconsistent.
    When I queried him about the vote, he said, "I didn't find that [vote] surprising. I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. This was a narrow exception in an exceptional circumstance where a retired police officer might find himself vulnerable as a consequence of the work he has previously done--and had been trained extensively in the proper use of firearms."

It wasn't until a few weeks later that another theory came forward about the uncharacteristic vote. Obama was battling with his GOP opponent to win the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police.

#25     Oct 27, 2008
  6. Lets think about this for a momment... with all this shit about Obama... All this shit.... yet he's still ahead of a much experienced war hero. Can anyone explain why that is?

#26     Oct 27, 2008

7. Haha maybe, but would you say the same thing to the NRA like people and those who say they should be able to have any kind of gun anywhere they want, and that the constitution makes it so? I wonder if you would use such words on the conservatives who are on the extreme other side.

And its also worth considering that "arms" is a loaded (no pun intended) word that is much different now that it was then. I'm sure back when "arms" meant only muskets it wasnt a big deal if people had them, as i dont think its a big deal that people have pistols and rifles now. But "arms" now refers to sub-machine guns, RPGs, and even nuclear weapons. I doubt even the strongest NRA supporter who believes that the constitution some how guarantees them the right to have any kind of gun anywhere would object when he walked into a room where some yahoo was constructing a dirty bomb. So obviously the answer lies, as you said, in the middle.

#27     Oct 27, 2008
  8. The D.C. gun ban specifically dealt with handguns.

#28     Oct 27, 2008
  9. #29     Oct 27, 2008
  10. He won't carry white, male America, will he?

Women. Blacks. Mexicans. All are the shit on the bottom of America's shoes.

#30     Oct 27, 2008