To all Professional Bond traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by recoba71279, Apr 21, 2003.

1. To any professional Bond Traders:

Hi, I'm a 23 year old man in DC, with a degree in Mechanical engineering. For the last 9 months I have been swing trading the bonds and for the last 2.5 months I have been day-trading them. I have taken my account from 4,000 to 18,000 and now back down to 8,000. In my daytrading in my first month I lost 24 ticks and in my second month I was up 10 ticks. I work part-time from (4-8) in engineering to pay the bills while I grow my account. The reason I post is that I am seeking an experienced bond trader to mentor me. I do not want a mentor so that he can teach me to trade, I believe that I have an edge that I can apply with discipline. I desire a mentor because I know that although the market (who has been my only teacher) has taught me a great deal, a mentor can teach me about position sizing, risk management, and in general, how to be a professional. I know that the very best traders had mentors, and I desire to be the very best.
    I hope that among all of you there exists a professional bond trader who might wish to start an email correspondence with a young trader to show him some of the ropes.

I would be extremely grateful to anyone who replies.
    PM or email planetchris@hotmail.com

2. Good Luck.

From another Trader.

Trend:)

3. maglia rosa

maglia rosa Guest

It seems like you are highly undercapitalized to be trading bonds. What kind of face value do/can you swing/day trade with?

4. Have you considered trading other interest rate sensitive instruments that don't require as much margin ... like Eurodollars?

5. 0008

Do you mean the bonds or the bonds futures e.g. ZF, ZN etc?

6. Mini bonds

They're a MidAm contract traded on the CBOT.

7. Sorry, it's not the 30-year, its 10 year notes.

8. 0008

I also trade the ZN, ZF. I think $4000 for one contract is OK. But I use $8000 for one to reduce the stress!:D Some people may say I am too conservative. They are just using the exchange margins. I am not sure how long they can stay in the market!