Tm

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nitro, Feb 23, 2010.

1. nitro

nitro

Why on earth would anyone buy one of these cars?

My gawd man, this company has turned into a disaster.

2. Looks like the media's hysteria has convinced you. [​IMG]

3. nitro

nitro

Don't you mean us? I would be very weary of a breakdown of that line on the bottom, dangerously close.

[​IMG]

• tm.png
      File size:
      6.8 KB
      Views:
  4. I have no way of predicting how far the Chicago politicians will go with this, and therefore how low the stock can go, but you have to say that it has been very resilient to the nonstop hullabaloo so far. Sales have been up year over year during this month. Other car companies offering Toyota trade in incentives have had almost no response to their offers.

5. Were you guys watching the hearing?..the poor guy was getting grilled, and he didnt know many of the answers.

6. hajimow

hajimow

lobbyists are trying hard to bring down Toyota. I believe the stock will see $60 in 2 months.

7. Maybe honda HMC will be the new toyota?

8. nitro

nitro

If the 3% gain in TM today is based on hoped for non-electronic problems, longs in this stock are in for a big surprise.

I am not sure it can be easily fixed either. I wouldn't touch this stock long with your money, let alone mine. There is no need to short it on a green though. When it starts to go down, there will likely be plenty of time to short it. Shorting will require extreme skill into a 3% up move and possible more near term upmoves. First trade what you see, and then what you think. Whe they coincide, it is a thing of beauty.

Patience.

9. nitro

nitro

"EL CAJON, Calif. – A California Highway Patrol officer helped slow a runaway Toyota Prius from 94 mph to a safe stop on Monday after the car's accelerator became stuck on a San Diego County freeway, the CHP said...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_runaway_prius

10. nitro

nitro

Questions arise over the integrity of the problem. I don't know what to believe.

One thing I know is, Toyota in my area is flooding the market with very aggressive deals. I don't know if it is enough...

#10     Mar 15, 2010