TM and Transact terminate relationship!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by amiindew, Feb 20, 2006.

1. I think that something is strange when one FCM is transferring customers to a competing FCM. I am not sure if the relationship between Man and TransAct has changed. I would at least find out what is going on and draw my account down to required margin.

Again, I'm not trying to alarm anyone. I'm just saying that I have been in this business long enough to know that your broker/clearing firm should never be a risk or inconvenience. I hope TransAct is on a continued path to success.

#11     Feb 20, 2006
  2. volente_00

volente_00

You should have been more worried when your account was at transact, which clears through york business associates and has only 485k in excess reserves versus man which has 180 mil as of last update. I myself refused to be bullied into the trademaven merger and being forced to place my money with such an under capitialized clearing firm like transact, not to mention their servers flat out such for running TM.

http://www.cftc.gov/files/tm/fcm/tmfcmdata0512.pdf

#12     Feb 20, 2006
  3. simonee

simonee

The problem is that TA servers has been crashing too many times, so TM has decided to switch from TA to MF. And until now TA can’t find the reason why the servers are crashing.
    I think you have to open an account with elocal to have access to TM in the future.

#13     Feb 20, 2006
  4. Moreagr

Moreagr

is TM ever going to give us the option to trade currency or equities?

#14     Feb 21, 2006
  5. I don't know what's wrong with the TA servers, they used to be so rock solid. Was led to believe it was a conflict with the way TM counted volume V. the way TA does. But without TM the crashes have if anything increased. Today I got an email from Genesis that they are pulling their Trade Navigator platform from TA "temporarily " until TA can deal with their server problems.

"In an effort to smooth the transition, Transact has asked us to "step aside" for approximately a
    week while they finalize the separation from Trade Maven. "

FWIW, TA crashes as much with their own AT platform as it does with TM or TN.

#15     Feb 22, 2006
  6. mann is a real big firm, but a pats data feed ! - that is like playing baseball with my kiddies in the peewee league - I hope trademaven gets a better feed that Pats :p to use for our accounts at Mann

#16     Feb 26, 2006
  7. For what it's worth, I tested the TradeMaven DOM (with Transact feed) next to the NinjaTrader DOM (with PATS feed) this past week, and the data changes came exactly at the same time (at least as far as my eye could tell).

#17     Feb 26, 2006
  8. amiindew

amiindew

Did you not receive the emails send out by TM? Bottomline is that TM users now have to pay an extra $30.00 on top of the monthly platform fee to receive an accurate realtime tick feed. TM combines PATS with E-signal as they acknowledge that PATS is not sufficient as an accurate dadateed for charts etc. Hence, the end-user is taking the (financial) fall for the fall out between Transact and TM!

#18     Feb 27, 2006