TL Trader

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by UM_manager, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Greetings!
    I would like to set some questions on moderation on your site.
    1) May I post direct links to pictures on commercial site which can be useful to people?
    -----------
    TL Trader deleted a chart that was being linked from a comercial website in the "USDCAD" thread. But I saw some direct links to various pics which were not deleted.
    -----------

2) Why don't I have an opportunity to post a link to web-site of my company in the "Any good forex signals service?" thread if I think it is really useful?
    -----------
    TL says it is advertising. But any post in this thread should be deleted for the same reason. I have some friends in ET who can post the link, but I remain fair and I do it myself.
    -----------

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

The image was deleted because your web address appears in the image.
    In effect your advertising your site.
    The administrators can correct me if I'm wrong but generally you are not allowed to advertise your own site unless your a sponsor.
    As for the links posted by other members to similar sites they are seen as contributions helpful to other members, not advertisements for their own personal gain as in your case.
    Could you simply get someone else to post a link to your site on the premise of being helpful?
    I suppose, but unless instructed to do otherwise I would delete it myself. Reason being your obviously just trying to do an end run around the TOS. If ET lets you advertise your site wouldn't they have to let everyone? If they let everyone then what sponsor in their right mind would pay for the privilege? No sponsors no ET.

3. As far as I can see other users are still allowed to include the links to their sites on the images. For example this link:
    http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60042
    I'm sure that it's possible to find a pack of other examples.

I've nothing against those guys and I'm sure that their pics are valuable and interesting for visitors of ET. I'm ready to support their right to publish such images as well as my own right.

If I wish to post the results of my work and to let others know about it then I also would like to stay linked to it. The address on the image serves such a link.

I would also like to know the opinion of ET administrators about this matter.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The difference is that the site mentioned in the thread above is not a commercial website, but yours is.

Please refer to paragraph 6 of the Member Conduct Rules for the details of our policy on this issue.

5. When at Rome, do as the Romans do.. But there is another one:Wise man changes his mind, a fool never will. I think there is nothing criminal in publishing materials referring to the author even if that is a commercial organization. Everyone has the right to decide to go under the reference or not. And moderators should watch only that materials with references were not a farce.
    I propose to make a poll "Should commercial organiztions be allowed to include their links into the materials published on ET?" I think, that some useful materials will make this forum even more popular. But I am ready to change my opinion if ET members will not support my offer.

6. These restrictions are in place for a good reason: spammers are good at bending the rules and making legit posting commercial links would empower their abilities to exploit n00bs and naives. It would also, instead of disrob, give them credibility, driving the industry further into disrepute and that's no good.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Why would ET members support an idea that encourages unrestrained spamming? The whole idea is just absurd. Besides, it's not up to the members anyway. It's up to me because it's my website and I'm the one who has to pay to keep it running. And I'm telling you in no uncertain terms that site sponsors are the only people allowed to advertise on this site. This is not yahoo message boards and I will not allow this place become a breeding ground for spammers.

If you really want to contribute here, take the URL off your charts and stop posting links to your site. It's not a lot to ask.

8. BSAM

BSAM

I got a proposal:

A. Pay for your advertising.

B. Follow the rules. (Baron's not all that strict, but give me a break man.)

C. Find yourself a stock trading website, that will let you advertise for free.

Simple, huh?

9. hcour

hcour Guest

Indeed. What an inane suggestion.

Why not start up a new site:

"Elite Spamming"

Then all these guys will have a place to go and spam each other!

H