Title Trading --> business model (cost of risk)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traitor786, May 9, 2013.

1. No idea, but it seems like a pretty recent event. Maybe they have another office with traders in montreal ?

If it was so hard to find out this one was inactive as far as traders go, I think it will be next to impossible to find such a office.

any other half decent option around here ?

#11     May 16, 2013
  2. Just a heads up. I am told they are no longer hiring in Montreal.
    I had all my years of theoretical learning ready and decided that I was ready to work their to implement the more technical aspects of routing for rebates.

This is a huge let down for me and may mean a loss of years of learning. Other prop firms I think just wont be able to support me in the programming aspects.

Tried to get a handle on programming "R" with all the libraries I thought it would be easy, but just getting data in to R took long enough.

Just before I throwing in the towel, I bumped in to option. Seems that Think or swim has taken care of the technical programing and only a few things need to be looked (such as Probability of being in the money and volatility all pre calculated by Think or swim))

Im not sure if I am in a cycle of seeing opportunity and hitting a dead end over and over or if I am actually working my way up to something that is profitable through the process of elimination.

Either way alot of learning tends to go to wast and time is taking its toll on me. I can only hope that this is where 90% throw in towel and 10% continue.

With the options it seems more theoretical learning as the programming aspect is taken care of. I think there will just be some math and general understanding needed. This lures me in to continue again. But writing options has its risks.

#12     Jun 1, 2013
  3. Title trading is no longer hiring in Montreal ? Some of my friends are trading with them, but something goes worse later I think. Does anyone know what happened to them ? I guess many traders still have lots of funds in Title. Is Title still reliable ?

#13     Jun 8, 2013
  4. No idea but i imagine they are reliable. They say the Montreal branch is focused more on out sourcing last I heard,

Just a quick question, I am currently in Toronto and having some trouble getting their co ordinates in Toronto.

I am thinking of relocating here and would love to know if they are hiring here.

Thank you
    feel free to pm or email

#14     Jul 2, 2013