Title Trading again

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ovovov, May 12, 2007.

1. MooSnuff

MooSnuff

To answer purple's question (before the all-stars came =), I've heard that it's a great place to trade, especially for someone with limited or no experience. Many great traders have trouble teaching, but there's no substitute for staring at a level 2 and ticker all day.

Read up though, as the truth is that many prop firms (swiftrade for sure, elite too I think) recruit many fresh young faces in hopes of finding and keeping the elite few, who far outweigh the costs of training those that don't make it. It's a lifestyle, sometimes a tough one, so get prepared and good luck =D

As for szeven, he has (and a couple others) helped me out a bit in the past, so he's a stand up guy as far as I know.

#31     Dec 1, 2007
  2. meredith

meredith

Has any body heard of Solution Direct? I heard from friend that they are day trading company and offer 70% pay out for prop trader, what software they use? how big are they?

#32     Dec 3, 2007
  3. wucah

wucah

Has anybody heard about Word Trade Secutireis? I heard they give 110% to traders, are they still around? I heard they have the best training program too? Thats why the 110% percent? Oh wait maybe i will go on their www site and find out all this info? How do you spell google.com again and use a telephone? Do i dial the number before or after I am connected?

#33     Dec 3, 2007
  4. lol, I think the point of asking is to find out what real people, not a web site, think of the company.

BTW, the prop trading place I visited was almost empty. I mean there were a few traders there but many spaces were empty. Anyway, the guy who interviewed me told me he had seen some people go and they have only been open there since July.

I found it odd those traders didn't trade in suits or whatever. I mean one of them looked like a hippie. I felt a little uneasy about that.

#34     Dec 3, 2007
  5. jazzsax

jazzsax

If it makes you feel better, I often trade in my underwear.

On a really hot day.....

:)

#35     Dec 3, 2007
  6. Suit and ties cut off circulation to the brain, so none of our traders wear them, LOL.

Some of our very elite traders literally wear shorts and sandals, keep their feet up on the desk, and simply collect checks a couple times a week.

Back on the trading floor, we were required to wear ties, but not much else as far as a dress code...you shoulda seen some of the "hippie" looking stuff, including the aforementioned sandals.

When I started out my life in Public Accounting I had to wear shirt and tie, etc. I promised myself that I would become successful enough to wear what I wanted to wear to work, FWIW.

All that being said, what you wear has little to do with whether the Firm you're looking at is going to be able to help you.

All the best,

Don

[​IMG]

#36     Dec 3, 2007
  7. Don, Im not sure if ET allows pictures in your signature, but I strongly recommend posting that picture EVERY TIME you post. LOL

#37     Dec 3, 2007
  8. From a comment I read in Fortune magazine (about the CEO of Lehman Brothers) I thought dressing sloppy would mean thinking sloppy.

I wouldn't want to trade in my underwear though. It would make me feel like I'm not taking the trading seriously. :p

#38     Dec 3, 2007
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

Well if you're working for a major bank like Lehman it's a little different than trading out of your home.

You're gonna want to be as comfortable as possible when trading, pj's up until around 4 p.m. for me :)

#39     Dec 4, 2007