Title Trading again

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ovovov, May 12, 2007.

1. GGSAE

GGSAE

I think this is poor advice, considering we don't know all the facts from the OP. It doesn't seem like a very viable strategy, hacking away 150 trades while being in the 100-300 pnl range.

If the other traders in the group have made it, but the difference is that they're consistenty earning 100 bucks a day, i wouldn't be basing much on their success. I still think the learning curve is 3-5 years, or whether that be just a filter of 3-5 years.

There's guys that do well for a few months after just getting into trading but fizzle out 6 months or a year later - that doesn't prove anything and shouldn't be used as a barometer if it takes you longer to get started but manage to adapt and consistently do well in the long term.

#11     Oct 24, 2007
  2. teck

teck

Yo szeven.....what is your time line?

#12     Oct 24, 2007
  3. You get 5 months to make 250 bucks in your 5th month, which covers your desk fees. If you dont, or you lose too much before the 5th month, then you are let go.

#13     Oct 24, 2007
  4. GGSAE

GGSAE

Once the traders you manage reach this level what (if any) methods are used to continually progress their development. Is it mostly just up to the individual? I'm just asking i fully understand the business models of these prop firms and the stance you as the manager must take dealing with containers of clay.

#14     Oct 24, 2007
  5. I assume this depends branch by branch. I feel the ideas and semi mechanical system i teach to trainees at first should net them at least 200/day, which gets them in business and making enough to survive. Then these profits are generally 'spent' learning riskier but higher rewarding stocks. Beyond that yes, it is mainly up to the individual. I sit in the same office trading mostly the same stuff making money so they know its possible, but its pretty much impossible to teach someone exactly what to do, because if you could, you would just automate it and keep all the money to yourself. Im not sure if your clay remark was meant as an analogy that traders are able to be molded, or if you think i treat people inhumanly and insensitively.

Also, we recently at my branch are attempting to implement some more precise recoding methods of a variety of stats of everyones trading for comparison and goal setting. I dont know how effective that will be at this point.

#15     Oct 24, 2007
  6. GGSAE

GGSAE

No my comment was not directed to be negative, it was to imply the business model your type of firm has, training a quantity of traders new to the business.
    I understand what you meant about automation, the topic was recently brought up in my group as the question was proposed regarding execution and the answers given were all something along that line. I think i said it's very subjective because of all the variables, i mean i can't describe to you what i'm thinking every second in/out of each trade.
    And my strategy is one that could be automated but i feel the results wouldn't be as good.

#16     Oct 24, 2007
  7. teck

teck

Hey szeven do you guys have remote and what city is your office in? thnx Teck

#17     Oct 24, 2007
  8. Does anyone here think Title Trading is a good place to trade? I just did the interview and I'm very anxious to start. The guy told me he's looking for people to start in January and only got a few applications.

I can't believe it! Only a few appplications? Sheesh.

Is day trading a good way to prepare yourself to trade the futures markets?

I'm so excited! I want to read all the books I ordered lately! Woohoo!!! I told the guy I'm financially able to go several months without making any money. So, I hope I'll be considered for one of the possible 4 positions open in January. :D

#18     Nov 29, 2007
  9. xtoronto

xtoronto

What office did you apply at?

#19     Nov 29, 2007
  10. Oh, I applied at an office that's about 150 Km from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, why?

#20     Nov 29, 2007