Tired of unavailable shorts at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newestmember, Nov 17, 2004.

1. barnes99

barnes99

Speedtrader has BOOM and PACT avail., but not LMIA

#31     Nov 24, 2004
  2. NEWJim

NEWJim

But what are their Commissions, Barnes99? Are they inline with IB's?

#32     Nov 24, 2004
  3. def

def Sponsor

Bebe,

As I mentioned to you personally via PM last month, we (IB) are in negotiations with a major bank which should improve the short availability. This will hopefully be concluded before year end. All I can state that a deal is in the works. When I hear more, I'll let you know.

#33     Nov 24, 2004
  4. zdreg

zdreg

let everyone know.

#34     Dec 27, 2004
  5. def

def Sponsor

a few deals are in motion that should improve our short list dramatically on 3 fronts. Around mid-to the end of January they will start to be phased in.

#35     Dec 27, 2004
  6. I remember having problems with my shorts a while ago :D

#36     Dec 27, 2004
  7. alanm

alanm

I was happily able to short MVL pre-market at IB today, while it was not available at two other large firms.

#37     Dec 28, 2004
  8. I was not able to short TKF or CHN today at Interactive Brokers, but RedSky had them. Of the stocks I have tried to short in the last few months, every single one was available at RedSky and less than a quarter were available at Interactive Brokers.

I'm not affiliated with either broker other than being a customer of both.

Martin

#38     Dec 28, 2004
  9. def

def Sponsor

while our list is pretty good, as I mentioned above, you should see great improvements starting mid to the end of January.

#39     Dec 28, 2004
  10. fusionz

fusionz

How's the progress of getting more available shorts? Helps to short a lot in this market, and kinda sad that a very big discount broker has more much available shorts than IB.

#40     Jan 22, 2005