Tired of TWS deleting ALL workpages

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by IndexTrader, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

Def,
    I installed a later version of TWS with the new account window on one of my machines and I sure did not like the new account window. The new account window takes up way too much screen area. I do not want to devote a whole monitor to the account window. The new account window would be OK if the user could adjust the column widths, column order, and remove unwanted columns, and then save all the changes. I have sent e-mails to IB on these shortcomings but nothing changed.

#11     Apr 19, 2004
  2. alanm

alanm

I, too, would like the account window to be much smaller by default. A good start would be for it to save the sizes and position of the panes and columns so I didn't have to resize them every time I open it. Also, if you click on the Account button, and the window is present, but minimized, it should restore it, like other windows (e.g. Trades).

#12     Apr 19, 2004
  3. def

def Sponsor

I thought I replied to this yesterday but must have messed it up.

Noted: I'll pass the request along. In the meantime, if you use the ^/v buttons, they seem to reduce some of the size and are save throughout a session.

I also thought of one other obvious thing to do if you are reluctant to upgrade for one reason or another. Before downloading the standalone, run off of the browser version. Other than the startup time and the additional resources required by your browser, you'll be able to see "review" all the new features, gain confidence and then download with greater confidence.

#13     Apr 19, 2004
  4. rwk

rwk

I think IB is still not doing upgrades properly. The most recent upgrade, for example, was issued last Friday afternoon. Who in their right mind would upgrade their trading software on a Friday afternoon? If something goes wrong, the trader has all weekend to stew about it. Meanwhile, the broker has to call their programmers in to work on the weekend to fix the problem (if they even know about the problem). Let's all GET A LIFE! Upgrades should be rolled out early on a weekday.

#14     Apr 19, 2004
  5. def

def Sponsor

Totally disagree with that. First the upgrade was in beta for a while. Second, it was on the browser version for another day or two. Third, if there is a problem, isn't it best to resolve it over a weekend as opposed to during the trading week?

#15     Apr 19, 2004
  6. alanm

alanm

I agree with def.

I only do upgrades and patches once a week - on Saturday - after a full backup. In the case of TWS, I test on Sunday when it comes up and can roll back before Monday if I need to.

#16     Apr 19, 2004
  7. ktm

ktm

This happened to me for the first time today...lost all my symbols when I logged in this AM. I have two accts and it only happened on one of them. I renamed the file (suggested from the previous post here) and got them all back.

#17     Apr 23, 2004
  8. said charlie brown the trader

after his pages were deleted again

:(

#18     Apr 25, 2004
  9. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Release Notes for build 824

The enhancements and modifications below are in build 824 of TWS. To identify the build number, on the TWS Help menu select About Trader Workstation. For clarification on any of the items listed, refer to the appropriate section in the User's Guide, or contact IB customer service.

Enhancements

Exclude exchanges from Smart order routing logic
    You can now elect to exclude certain exchanges from the smart order routing logic process. On the Configure menu, select Config Misc. Smart Routing. In the dialog box, check the exchanges you want to exclude. When you exclude an exchange, you are also excluding that exchange's market data.

Recover page file from previous day
    If you lose your TWS trading pages, you can now recover the previous day's page file to repopulate your trading screen. On the File menu, select Open Previous Day's File.

#19     Apr 25, 2004
  10. I am using build 823.2

is 824 to be made available soon?

thanks for taking the time to answer this thread

setharb

#20     Apr 25, 2004