Tired of Trading From Home?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NTMtrader, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Looks like 7330 is a condo tower

#41     Sep 1, 2010
  2. Thats sad...the "trading floor" has come down to 3 guys half-drunk, in their underwear and stupid in a ramshackle basement looking at some 3-4 year old monitors they got off of ebay for a hundred bucks.

What used to be done in classy office like places with informed brokers now comes down to these "other guys". Sad...

#42     Sep 2, 2010
  3. RobertG

RobertG

I enjoyed reading everyones perspectives about trading alone versus being with people. Truthfully, after reading all the comments all I can say is that I can never give up interaction with people. Trading allows me isolation from the world, to be in the dark in complete solitude, but that psychologically I cant do for prolonged periods of time. Going to the city to meet clients, enjoy the presence of other people, and laugh with them gives me joy as well.

Trading is still a psychological struggle for me and at times very draining because of that one pathetic set up that occurs maybe twice a day.
    If I could trust automation to that for me, I would...but being a control freak does not help in this instance.

#43     Sep 2, 2010
  4. :confused: :confused:

#44     Sep 2, 2010
  5. businessstaxes

businessstaxes Guest

trading from home is a dream come true..in the 80's and even 90's daytrading was done by telephone and telnet connections..charting was done by hand.

many millionaires trade/daytade at home in their 10 room 5 million dollar mansions with swimming pool and trade at the yacht..nothing better than to go for swim during lunch. at end of day.

only reason you trade in an office if you trade with other people's money or firm capital and use prop trading data and software..data providers charge more for home traders. or professional traders..

#45     Sep 2, 2010
  6. Well, I am not a millionaire trader, yet. I have been trading from home for about 1 yr now. I thought rolling out of bed to my ocean view home office was the bomb. I run along the beach, swim a couple of laps in the saltwater pool, take a dip in the atlantic ocean before the market open. However, I miss the camaraderie of coworkers, multiple heads are better then one. Wouldn’t it be great to have someone else to bounce ideas? Review complex spreads. Share the cost of business publications/newsletters:cool: Working alone isn't as fun as it seems...

#46     Sep 2, 2010
  7. There are a few commercial units on ground level.

#47     Sep 2, 2010
  8. Classy office? Informed brokers? - just because he reads the Wall Street Journal?

You must have enjoyed the 1/4 bid/ask spread and $200 commission rate for trading stocks.

#48     Sep 2, 2010
  9. You go to the washroom, like you did in school, knucklehead !! [​IMG]

#49     Sep 2, 2010
  10. Are you from canada? more carabou up there than humans, you don't have a choice but trade alone. lol

what do you trade? Buy and hold canadian banks on td waterhouse webbroker aka. greenline paying $30 commision :eek:

#50     Sep 2, 2010