Tired of Trading From Home?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NTMtrader, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Working from home gets real tired, real fast.

To those who say they don't need the social interaction, etc., then hats off to you. But for many, having the refrigerator as the only thing to talk to on a daily basis tends to take it's toll.

This reminds me of a part from Pumping Iron book from the 70's about Arnold and the world of bodybuilding - in it he quips that he would not set up a gym at home because there can be too many distractions and you have the tendency to become lazy and undisciplined. He always worked out in a gym in town that took 1/2 hour (maybe an hour) to walk to each way. His reasoning was that if you make the effort to walk in the rain and snow to workout, you will have a more honest workout because of what you had to do to get there. In a sense, I think the same can apply to here.

#31     Aug 25, 2010
  2. i would consider the tendency to become lazy and undisciplined a personal character flaw that should be overcome just like the tendency to make undiscliplined trades should be overcome.

#32     Aug 25, 2010
  3. bigb

bigb

about the same as a bar tab

#33     Aug 25, 2010
  4. Not the bar tab. Just an admission ticket to go into a bar.

#34     Aug 25, 2010
  5. $6000 bar tab? you have a problem.

#35     Aug 25, 2010
  6. Fuck Interaction -- what if I want to choke the chicken for some reason?

Can you do that in an office -- with a bunch of guys?

#36     Aug 25, 2010
  7. JK -- planning to move to Chicago in the near future.

Like anything it has its +++'s and ---'s

#37     Aug 25, 2010
  8. JamesL

JamesL

Why do you all care whether or not someone wants to pay for desk space or not? Whatever makes the person a better trader and ends up making more money is all that really matters in the end. If working along side someone will help you kick any bad habits, go for it. If you want to stay home and jerk off to Redtube, ditto if it makes you a better trader. People have different approaches and what may work for one doesn't mean it has to work for everyone.

#38     Aug 25, 2010
    brdalloca likes this.
  9. In case, you work for some else, you will have your desk to work but if you work for yourself, you will have to make your own space and then do anything else.

#39     Aug 25, 2010
  10. I was thinking the same thing. I have a handle on 600 sqft open office space on the beach. I can get it for about $1000 month. here's the address. I was thinking about opening a trading room.
    7330 ocean ter miami beach fl 33141

Any thoughts

#40     Sep 1, 2010