Tired of TD Ameritrade (round trips)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by DallasTrader, Oct 21, 2009.

1. nirav34

nirav34

Doesn't matter where you go. You will need $25,000 in order to day trade stocks and options. Its a rule enforced by the SEC. You can't do anything about it. On the other hand Futures and Currencies don't require day trading minimum, only margins.

#11     Oct 21, 2009
  2. bstay

bstay

go with forex ...... $250 can get u a micro-account

#12     Oct 21, 2009
  3. You sound more like a Gambler than a true trader as a business to earn a living.

You should not be day trading if you only have 25K period.

You can make money with 25K or less but not daytrading.

#13     Oct 21, 2009
  4. Superforex lets you open an account and trade with 5 dollars.

#14     Oct 22, 2009
  5. I was mad that I couldn't day trade properly without $25,000, but working my way up to that allowed me to learn under smaller position sizes. It took me awhile to build my account size up, but in tha.t time, I was able to learn a lot about the markets So maybe it's not the worst thing in the world.

#15     Oct 23, 2009
  6. sk8erboy

sk8erboy

with $2K you can open account in a prop shop (like cy group), they'll give you 1:20 intraday leverage
    or try futures (AMP futures minimum is $2K)

#16     Oct 23, 2009
  7. +1.

Are you expecting 1000% annual return on your proposed micro account? If not then it won't be worth spending your time on day-trading with tiny balance. The most likely outcome of trading with a tiny account is riskier bets on craps like FAZ which will total your account in no time.

Stick to swing trade. That is probably the best you can do. My 2 cents.

#17     Oct 23, 2009