Tired of people downplaying averaging down

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by No.Heat, Jul 17, 2010.

1. bone

bone

You know, if you just re-labeled the strategy 'price improvement' instead of 'averaging down' then all of the animosity would disappear.

Consider this another problem solved!

#31     Jul 28, 2010
  2. bone
    ET Sponsor

Spread, Relative Value, and Correlation Trading Instruction from a Professional Trader with a commercial and speculative track record spanning 18 consecutive profitable years. A number of my clients are making money in these markets, and serious prospects can independently verify my value with existing clients. Extensive due diligence materials provided to serious applicants, and over 30 ET members have become clients. PM or email and ask about former clients who have secured fully-funded employee proprietary trading positions in the U.S., Europe, and Australia/Asia - my strategies are attractive because they resonate with trading firm managers and generate pure portable alpha income. All market spaces are utilized, including the 'red-hot' energy and metals sectors. PLEASE NOTE: I am now taking select clients with an appropriate background who are swing-trading my strategies on a 'part-time' basis and taking evening or early-morning individual instruction sessions.

http://www.spreadprofessor.com

Folks, we have a new winner in the Longest Sponsor Signature Contest!!! {whistles, claps and applause} :D

#32     Jul 28, 2010
  3. I think doji was talking about "major" swing highs/ lows.

#33     Jul 28, 2010
  4. Losers , average Losers. -PTJ

#34     Jul 28, 2010
  5. No.Heat

No.Heat

Bone,

You not reading me correctly or perhaps I did not express myself properly.

I was basically debating his definition of trend trading which I thought was utterly incorrect.

At no point I stated or implied that I am against shorting LLs or buying HHs.

No Heat

#35     Jul 28, 2010
  6. Sheesh. Verbosity. Noise. Hype. Everything but a serious track record (ie, "proof"). Is he saying that he has earned $180,000+ from ETers? Cannot even afford to spend a few hundred bucks to hire a web pro to clean up a high-schooler's amateur website. sign me up... :D

#36     Jul 30, 2010
  7. TGpop

TGpop

i used to do it, i realised my trades would have had more success by going all in, with a wider stop, i also couldnt find a way to do it in which my winners win big and could cover costs of losing, so what you end up with could be a streak of small gains with several larger losses, again others can handle it better than me and i know a very successful trader who did it

#37     Jul 30, 2010
  8. I have seen this done on swing-trading-club. Jeff calls it swing trade campaign long. They avg down a max of three times. They use a 15 min. chart and wait for a 17 period ema and a 43 period ema cross over.The first trade was qld initiated an 7-7 at 51.25 only took 1 entry then sold 56.00 .Second was tza entry 37.80 second entry 36.25 third entry 34.50 with avg entry 35.50 .25 shares first entry 50shares second entry 75 shares third entry thats why avg share price is low i think you get the idea.Thye closed out at 15.7% gain on the trade i think 3 days later.No stop is put in on the first 2 entries but after the 3rd u put a 5% stop in.To my knowledge they have done 3 trades first 2 were profitable the 3 they are still in tza initiated on 7-26 3 entries 30.50 29.00 30.55 first exit was 33.00 on 75 shares sold 10.7% It can be done but you need 15 min chart and the 17, 43 EMA crossover.

#38     Aug 1, 2010
  9. It can be done in more ways than just the below.

:)

#39     Aug 1, 2010
  10. [​IMG]

#40     Aug 1, 2010