Tired of Cutting My Losses Short

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by enkidu, Jul 31, 2008.

1. enkidu

enkidu

FUCK!! I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT

I pick a side, I get out before my loses get "too big" or I feel like I'm wrong for some reason. I get out when "my reasons of getting in don't seem valid anymore."

and then BAM the market moves in my direction. FUCK. FUCK.

If I had just stubbornly held on to my positions I would have made so much money. WTF! WTF! AAARRRGGG!

Maybe I just don't have the balls or belief in my convicitons and intuition. FUCK!

2. instead of bailing on a trade maybe you would do better with some kind hedging strategy.

just a thought.

3. enkidu

enkidu

can't... trading retail forex can't hedge

i think it also boils down to the fact that half the time i don't know what the hell i'm doing

the market movements are so random sometimes

4. ooooh, forex. I don't know jack about forex.

5. empee

empee

then hold on and make money most of the time until the big one comes and it demolishes your account.

6. Random sometimes? How about most of the time. There are periods of non-randomness and these need to be identified and exploited if you want to be consistently profitable.

P.s. Don't get so frustrated. Stress is a killer for your health and trading.

7. Forex movements are not random...keep working at it.

8. Relax!!! Don't give up and get over this loss. I know exactly how you feel as I felt like putting a hole in the wall myself today: and I had followed my rules! You have to develop a system. You can do it.

9. In my trading, I've found that stops should be either very tight or very loose. The middling ones create psychological issues with whipsaws. Either get out very early when wrong, or have the nads to hold through larger losses. I prefer the former, but to each his own.

10. The hardest part of trading to me is getting out and honoring the stops, but if you don't one trade can take you out. Look at this massive two day rally, I am sure alot have felt the pain.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/61755-the-20-largest-trading-losses-in-history

#10     Jul 31, 2008