Tips to pass the series 7 with minimal effort

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ProgrammerGuy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Use Pass the 7 book and practice tests from SCT or STC whichever. I hadn't taken a test in 12 years and studied for 5 days and passed easily.

#21     Apr 30, 2008
  2. so... if you fail it the first time, when can you take it for a second??? third???

#22     May 1, 2008
  3. GGSAE

GGSAE

You shouldn't even be thinking like this. Stop wasting time on elitetrader when you could be studying, spend 2-3 hours a day for a month and you'll be fine.

#23     May 2, 2008
  4. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

My new mantra!

#24     May 2, 2008
  5. They offer 5 day cram course, that would the least amount of time I would guess.

Don

#25     May 2, 2008
  6. Sponger

Sponger

These kids nowadays, no one wants to work for anything, they all want the easy way out and everything handed to them:p :p :p

#26     May 2, 2008
  7. Take the cram course and do the mock tests over and over again till you get consistently over 90%. You'll get 70% on the actual test slam dunk.

#27     May 2, 2008
  8. smoove

smoove

There were guys at bright studying a week and getting high 90s. One guy just studing for the weekend and got something in the low 80s. He had traded options for several years which helped.

#28     May 2, 2008
  9. I am planning on taking the exam at the end of the month. I have the Series 7 progressive CD. What is better to pay attention to?? the CD or the written practice exams??

#29     May 5, 2008
  10. I was basically told "pass this or you'll be fired" so I read the book, and then spent the weekend before taking practice tests over and over. I got an 89. There is no short cut. Take a class too, it helps certain sections of the test.

I wasn't a retail stock broker (which is what the test is clearly aimed at), so the test had zero relevance to what I did, but that didn't seem to matter. After you take it, you get to take (continuing ed) every 2 or 3 years too. Fun.

#30     May 5, 2008