Tips to pass the series 7 with minimal effort

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ProgrammerGuy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. tbomb

tbomb

92% for this kid... test is a joke, pure memorization.

The CFA Level 1 on the other hand, I failed miserably...

Good luck!

#11     Apr 30, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

When I took the test many years ago, the pass rate was 31%, and some were taking it for the second and subsequent times.

I doubt the test is significantly easier today.

#12     Apr 30, 2008
  3. Surdo

Surdo

You OVER studied!

#13     Apr 30, 2008
  4. Take the practice exams over, and over, and over, and over again.

If you can figure out which "brain" to use, the test is all yours:).......

"The Left Brain

The left brain is associated with verbal, logical, and analytical thinking. It excels in naming and categorizing things, symbolic abstraction, speech, reading, writing, arithmetic. The left brain is very linear: it places things in sequential order -- first things first and then second things second, etc. If you reflect back upon our own educational training, we have been traditionally taught to master the 3 R's: reading, writing and arithmetic -- the domain and strength of the left brain.

The Right Brain

The right brain, on the other hand, functions in a non-verbal manner and excels in visual, spatial, perceptual, and intuitive information. The right brain processes information differently than the left brain. For the right brain, processing happens very quickly and the style of processing is nonlinear and nonsequential. The right brain looks at the whole picture and quickly seeks to determine the spatial relationships of all the parts as they relate to the whole. This component of the brain is not concerned with things falling into patterns because of prescribed rules. On the contrary, the right brain seems to flourish dealing with complexity, ambiguity and paradox. At times, right brain thinking is difficult to put into words because of its complexity, its ability to process information quickly and its non-verbal nature. The right brain has been associated with the realm of creativity."

#14     Apr 30, 2008
  5. Read the book once. Then take the practice tests until memorized. You wont get a 90...but who cares. 70 is passing.

#15     Apr 30, 2008
  6. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

70 is an 'A' - keep that in mind. If you take some time off from work and study hard for 4 days, you will do fine with minimal effort. It's really not a hard test if you study and have an interest in the markets.

#16     Apr 30, 2008
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Someone with a few months watching a screen @ a prop shop, and a college degree needs to do EVERY practice exam and still might not pass.

It is not an easy test period, can a moron pass it, yes...by memorizing a few hundred test questions!

#17     Apr 30, 2008
  8. The STC study material can EASILY be found at isohunt.com

Just search NASD and download the video study guide. There is also a Series 7 for Dummies Testing program that I have found to be very helpful.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need any assistance.

#18     Apr 30, 2008
  9. Skip the book! Just pop the CD in and answer question, after question, after question....and pay close attention to the rationale on the ones you get wrong. Keep doing that until your score is about 85% and you should do fine. FWIW, I never took the 7. I took the 3 and did exactly this. I know a number of people who have taken and passed the 7 using this method. Good Luck!!

#19     Apr 30, 2008
  10. LOL, I studied for the 3 for 2 months. I guess that makes me a real moron :D

#20     Apr 30, 2008