Tips on the Mental Game

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by BobbiDigital, Feb 1, 2012.

1. emg

emg

they have other ways to control themselves. It is a secret they will never reveal. plus, they are not small trader. they don't have mental problem but laugh at small traders

#31     Mar 7, 2012
  2. emg, the more you post, the more people laugh at you

otherwise, send me a picture of you and Warren laughing at me

#32     Mar 7, 2012
  3. emg is just another crackpot who blew up and has devoted his life to trying to figure out why and who to blame it on.

Sometimes it is not enough capital

Sometimes it is because you need to work for Goldman Sachs

Now his new thing is you need a really good degree

What's next?

All he knows is 90% lose, they just lose

#33     Mar 7, 2012
  4. Very good points. To me I think an experienced trader can get away with more small losses because they know how to ride big winners & size up more appropriately...

As a human myself, I began 'anticipating' setups. Why not - I can get a better price catching the entire move. Then I realized it's not a setup until you see it happen AND even if it does, chances are I've been knocked around a little bit and as a result almost always exit early.

I have noticed even more today how PA works. It can be as easy as A-B-C 1-2-3. Or maybe B-C 2-3??

#34     Mar 7, 2012
  5. Redneck

Redneck

You are fooling yourself…. And I wouldn’t call it getting away with

You are correct in that experienced traders have small losses, then sit patiently while monitoring winners as they run and cover their losses..., and gain profit

You are incorrect thinking their small losses come from anything other than solid setups

Perfect setups, at times, will lose – as they must (it’ll take some thought to figure out why – but it would be time well spent)

======================================

Doubtful I can convince you otherwise… rest assured the market…, and time – will…

Else they will break you

BD, every time you win some…, but then lose more – it would do you well to recall this post Sir

I can assure you, with your current thinking - it is going to happen

Just one dumbass redneck’s experience… and nothing more

RN

#35     Mar 7, 2012
  6. make no mistake, I can't get away with it

that is good to know, and I appreciate the thought why good setups have to fail - very VERY interesting, more to ponder. my first thought would be the stock's beta. Market movements as a whole can trump individual patterns :confused:

#36     Mar 7, 2012
  7. emg

emg

u guys should ask people like don bright or maverick74 how they began their career.

Did they started their trading career subscribing 3rd party education vendors (u can make $50K in 3 months).

Did they trade at home?

#37     Mar 7, 2012
  8. Redneck

Redneck

BD

Glad I didn’t put you off with my last post

============================================

Irrefutable fact

The market is uncertain; hence anything can happen at any moment

This does not mean it is random… it simply means it is uncertain

That said, no amount of rules will make a perfect set up profitable 100% of the time (see above irrefutable fact)

Can setups be perfect – yes

Will perfect setups be profitable 100% of the time – nope

A trader can trade perfectly…, and still lose any given trade (or series of trades)

So why exacerbate this – by trading anything less than perfect setups

RN

#38     Mar 7, 2012
  9. RN,

How do you feel about entering at consolidation in the appropriate areas? Seems vital for several reasons. If this is overly simple and a beginner question - perfect. Amazing how a once complex system of thoughts has simplified into common sense thru observation. As a follow up, are then measured moves based on an initial break?

I understand if this is too much. Feel free to rip into me anytime. :D

#39     Mar 14, 2012
  10. Redneck

Redneck

What are appropriate areas??? (obviously I would say absolutely yes to entering at the appropriate areas – if I only knew what they were)
    :confused:

And it depends on how one is measuring, a measured move - as to what it should be based on

Not giving you much to work with – am I… but then I could say – you’re not asking very specific questions

==============================================================

I am of the opinion – unless price is making a new all time high/ low, then it is a range

Always trade the moves – whether they are back and forth, or are remaining in one direction for awhile

That is unless the back and forth moves are too small to trade

==========================================

Moves can be measured in time, waves, cycles, Fibonacci, price, distance/ ruler (recall NOD’s 2 cm measurement :) and don't laugh because it did work) – and a few others

===========================================

No need to rip Sir, we're all learning - every day :)

RN

#40     Mar 15, 2012