Tips on the Mental Game

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by BobbiDigital, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RN,

2 questions for you, I have a very thick skull. Some knowledge just can't penetrate it.

1. Is YOUR first hourly bar:

1. 8:30-9:00am central
    2. 8:30-9:30am
    3. 9:00-10:00am

I am utilizing it as #3, for all intended purposes. This kind of makes the first 30 minutes it's own thang. Just a little confused.

I also find it interesting that the 4 hour bars are chopped up into 2.5 & 4 hour intervals. It's like a built in hook (lunchtime) for the big boys....

2. Do you attempt to draw symmetric trendlines at tops/bottoms and/or get a different read/expectation when they are not? This is kind of like wedges forming (I get) but mostly I am referring to when they are different planes....

#111     Apr 24, 2012

2. (everything trading related fails – at some point... Or does it, really :) )

This realization is why I have been able to have a little peace of mind (for the first time in 3 years) dealing with uncertainty every day....

My deepest, sincerest thank you sir. You are a true gentleman.

#112     Apr 24, 2012
  3. RN,

Kept trying to pile this all into one simple truth...and I finally FINALLY got it

It was tricky thinking outside the box, so I went back inside it :D

It's amazing how it really is up to each individual to figure it out. You could (and did) give a step by step guide but if you aren't thinking right, it doesn't mean a damn thing!!

#113     Apr 27, 2012
  4. RN,

Still grinding. I saw in another post you mentioned using 45 degree trend lines. Is this just to measure strength or does that TF have to fail if its say 30 degrees?

I am still tying together how congruence across multiple TF's interact. In the mean time I've been seeing simple 'formations' that present good R:R opportunities. For example isn't a wedge just a pennant with a headfake? :)

#114     Jun 22, 2012