Tips on Scalping

Discussion in 'Trading' started by balda, Aug 20, 2002.

1. balda

balda

Want to learn scalping.
    Any info will be greatly apreciated.
    Thank you.

2. are you talking nyse or naz stocks? i do o.k. scalping nyse but mainly on the open - most of my trades are under 3 min round trip - i try and get in with 10,000 to 15,000 shares and piece out of 1/3 to 1/2 immediately then piece the rest out in 1000 to 2000 sh blocks - a good day is $5k to $10k - if i get lucky $20 to $30k - just a few a month is all you need

3. Check this link
    http://earlyamerica.com/review/1998/scalping.html
    As you can see, it was started a long time ago...

The French and Indian War (1754-1760) is replete with incidents of scalping by French, English and Native American combatants. Newspapers, diaries, journals, and other period sources all document these occurrences.

Scalping, of course, predated the mid-eighteenth century. Historical records, archaeology, and other sciences strongly indicate the practice originated among certain Native American tribes.1 A French soldier, identified by the initials J. C. B., related in his memoirs that "this horrible custom was practiced by these savages alone, and sprang from their own barbarism, for it seems never to have existed in any other nation, not even among nations, who, like them, have never received any idea of civilized life."