Tips for the new guy.....

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ms7996, Nov 22, 2007.

1. ms7996

ms7996

Hey guys....

I was wondering what the best way of figuring out if day trading is for me as an individual day trader. I have a full time job that I'm not too keen on quitting....just yet.

My questions:

1) What's the most efficient way to get your feet wet in this profession while still working full time (if possible)?

2) Is it possible to trade in foreign markets "evening" day trading, for lack of a better term?

3) What are your thoughts on training software...ie. are there good ones out there?

Much thanks,

Mark.

2. (1) Don't quit your day-job. (2) Trade the most liquid markets, i.e. gold, crude oil, euro-currency or bunds, before or after work to get a "feel" for the stress and heat of active trading.

3. irucken

irucken

4. YoungOne

YoungOne

I suggest you think about swing trading instead. You can keep your day job and just swing trade on the side. Maybe one day move up to day trading. As far as learning how to trade, it just takes time. Start looking at charts after work and seeing what you notice. What causes major price movements? Also pick up books and read as much as you can on these forums. Best of luck to you.