Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Daxtrader, Feb 22, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

2. ctrader

ctrader

Nope. Recently its got worse, now a low frequency humming that I can hear all the time. The high frequency tones can be masked by the ambient noise, but the low frequency one can be heard above most things :(

#22     May 23, 2006
  3. Thanks guys !

I have had a mild case of tinnitus for several years and it doesn't bother too much.

But sometimes it does, and when it does is when I start doing research again to find out if something new has come around.

One thing that I would like to try is acupuncture. Do any of you have experience with this treatment? It has been used for centuries in China to treat this disease, so there must be something to it, I guess.

:)

#23     May 23, 2006
  4. If anybody thinks they may have Tinnitus, I would strongly suggest seeing an Ear Dr to rule out any other cause(s). I have had numerous ear surgeries over the years to remove benign tumors (cholesteotomas) in both my middle ears. I have had the bones of my middle ears removed and replaced with prosthetic bones and my eardrums and ear canals completely rebuilt.

One of the symptoms that made me initially see an Ear Dr was different sounds in my ear, which included throbbing sounds, the sound of waves and a ringing, along with slowly deteriorating hearing. This could easily have been written off as Tinnitus. The earlier that you catch something like this, the better chance there is of successful surgery/treatment. Don't count on your family Dr being able to diagnose this. Luckily, I live across the street from what is considered one of the 2 best ear hospitals in the US.

#24     May 23, 2006
  5. ctrader

ctrader

Well, its not really treating tinnitus. Tinnitus is aggravted by stress (this is well known, and is the case for me), and accupunture is known to reduce stress for some people, so it has the effect of reducing the tinnitus.

#25     May 23, 2006
  6. Greeetigns guys:

I finally had the time to get a hold of somebody that does acupuncture.

After mentioning I had heard that acupuncture was good for treating or relieving T he told me that acupuncture doesn't really work for that purpose by itself.

Not only that, he told he has had several customers with T that took something called FLOURICAL and that this had cured them. (can you believe?)

He said I didn't need any acupuncture since FLOURICAL would resolve the problem.

Wondering if any of you has tried this. I am planning on trying it myself.

:)

#26     Jun 6, 2006
  7. Never heard of it. If you do try it, please let us know how it works out for you! I'd appreciate it! Thanks. J

#27     Jun 7, 2006
  8. I've suffering from tinnitus for the whole like. Taught to live with it somehow

#28     Aug 1, 2023
  9. lanty

lanty

My tinnitus drives me nuts. Is there a fast way to mask it or at least make it milder?

#29     Aug 1, 2023
  10. As a child I always had ear infections even had to get tubes. Anyways I think I am the only person that cannot successfully do this at home. Years ago I had wax drops, it caused the wax just to become impacted further because it turned into a “gummy bear” like plug and I had hearing loss. It’s the most uncomfortable thing that can ever happen. Had to run to the ear wax removal doctor to have them professionally irrigate it out. Guess I didn’t learn my lesson because last night I tried hydrogen peroxide and a water syringe to flush my left ear.

#30     Aug 1, 2023