tims margins?

Discussion in 'Options' started by nikkktrader, Nov 25, 2016.

1. hello, my broker uses tims methodolgy (Theoretical Intermarket Margin System) to establish margins on future's position when hedged by a "married" option

but so far they haven't told me much on how much less they'll require as margins

anyone knows more? should i buy atm or itm options only? any model to compute the margins?

cheers

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I can do this for equity and index options, not for options on futures which use Span margin.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What is a sample symbol and position. Not sure if I can help until I see that.

What broker/FCM do you use?

4. broker is italian, iwbank. contracts on crude light CL

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

TIMS is an OCC method that is used for equity options and shocks a portfolio by 15% and what ever that loss would be, is basically your requirement. If your trading platform allows you to do that, all you have to do is ask if the 15% shock is correct.

We introduce to Wedbush futures which offers Span margin, the same as the CME. We also have access to a risk platform that can show your live margin requirement for only $100 a month, it is called Object+. Most traders don't push their margin and don't need that.

nikkktrader likes this.