timothy sykes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by larrybf, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Its alot easier to make money selling books/dvds than trading.

If Tim sells 3 DVDs a day that's over 3000 in revenue. There is probably not much cost in the DVDs meaning he is prob netting 2500.

Only in a dream could I make 2500 a day trading!

#31     Jun 19, 2009
  2. buylo

buylo

How about no dice with THAT argument.

Soros and Sykes in the same thought. Now that's funny.

How's that Sesame Street song go........Each kid doin' their own thing, one of these kids is not like the other..........

#32     Jun 19, 2009
  3. Don't know his history, but after 5 minutes of looking at recent trades.

June 17th - GWSC: never hit his 2.76 sell that I can tell.

June 15th - SPNG: May have sold it in the pre-market or got it off one penny from the open and high of the RTH for his sell. And it looks like he bought it back exactly at the low of the day. Good trading, hoss.

June 12th - JAZZ: I can't see from T&S where it ever hit his 3.26 buy price.

These look to be reported as day trades. If they're overnights then I'm wrong and he may have gotten these prices. I can't imagine overnighting that junk, though.

Now that's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Moving on..

#33     Jun 19, 2009
  4. Never takes long for some wanker to take the bait... :D :D :D

#34     Jun 19, 2009
  5. covestor is a complete joke

this guru ran a fund and i think his biggest trade was luck and he tried to get out and make less but couldn't.

without that one lucky trade it would be different.

then i think he lost a ton when he couldn't adapt to the market.

if you didn't endlessly sell crap and market crap, i would respect this guy.

if he was good he would simply do what real traders do, trade, not sell.

soros doesn't try to pwn off weak ass DVD's.

#35     Jun 19, 2009
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I can tell you after having helped him with his marketing for the last several months that there is not anyone harder working or more ethical than Tim Sykes.

He is a guy who will leave A LOT of money on the table to do the right thing, and that's rare in this world. The fact that half of the people here are too bitter and stupid to see it does not make it not true.

There is a reason his site is making 150K a month and everyone in the industry wants to work with him.

Like I said he is the smartest, most ethical and hard working client I've ever had.

He's also going to be on 20/20 in about 30 minutes.

B

#36     Jun 19, 2009
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The DVD's themselves don't cost anything near $150 each to ship, pack and send. There are marketing costs etc though that add up, but you can run 80% margins when your not doing a huge launch. When you do a huge launch then the margins are around 30/40%...but you can pull in millions in a day.
    Brandon
    PS. thats gross millions

#37     Jun 19, 2009
  8. LMAO, how is that hole on your leg!? Hope you put the medicaid money to good work (enjoy it cause it won't last). :D :D :D

#38     Jun 19, 2009
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Hey dude, sorry life's treating you like shit, and I understand wanting to share it, ET is a good place for that. As for me I'm doing as well as I ever have, and I wish the same for you.

#39     Jun 19, 2009
  10. spinn

spinn

Ironically.............he just did a cameo on 20/20......seems like a decent guy.

#40     Jun 19, 2009