timothy sykes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by larrybf, Jun 19, 2009.

1. sjfan

sjfan

Why? And why not throw luck as one of the factors in there too? He went ultra long beta in a bull market. He made money. Good for him. But it doesn't make him skilled.

What I will credit him is that he's clever enough to turn his trading "success" into a timothy sykes brand.

#11     Jun 19, 2009
  2. THIS THREAD HAS GONE OFF TRACK... I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS RESULTS.... THEY ARE FACT AND THEY ARE GOOD... I WANT TO KNOW IF HIS "IRRITATING BEHAVIOR"IS DELIBERATE, METHODICAL AND CALCULATED... I THINK IT IS,,, I AM WONDERING WHAT OTHERS THINK?? I AM ONLY ONE SOLITARY PERSON WHO BELIEVES THIS DUDE IS A MARKETING GENIUS!!!!.. PLEASE RESPOND ON TOPIC IF POSSIBLE... THANKS IN ADVANCE.....

#12     Jun 19, 2009
  3. You mean Timothy Kykes?

#13     Jun 19, 2009
  4. How are you going to say he is (was) not skilled? You don't turn 16K to 2million, as a daytrader, on luck.

He was long at the right time, started shorting at the right time.

Maybe his strategy doesn't work today, but it sure as hell did back then. 16K to 2 million is ridiculous.

#14     Jun 19, 2009
  5. buylo

buylo

I can't hear you.

I'm sure his behavior is calculated a bit.

#15     Jun 19, 2009
  6. THANKS buylo for the straight simple answer

#16     Jun 19, 2009
  7. Not at all familiar with daytrading's golden era, are you?

Do yourself a favor & educate yourself.

#17     Jun 19, 2009
  8. Love him or hate him, it matters not.
    As long as people are talking-blogging-texting his name.......
    I don't fully believe in the adage "no such thing as bad publicity", but he seems to exhibit narcissistic behavioral traits that keep the publicity alive.
    I guess.
    Is Wall Street Warriors still on? I cancelled HBO last year.

#18     Jun 19, 2009
  9. I'm pretty familiar with the day trading golden era.

I will also say that he wasn't a SOES Bandit but a penny stock trader... I don't care what era it was, turning 16K to 2million is impressive.

#19     Jun 19, 2009
  10. sjfan

sjfan

This thread is off track? The last 4 posts talked about the timothy-brand. Which, unless I'm mistaking, is the domain of marketing?

Please don't shout. It's very rude.

#20     Jun 19, 2009