Timothy Sykes News

Discussion in 'Events' started by TimothySykes, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. obviously another timmay alias.

#21     Oct 22, 2007
  2. :p

#22     Oct 22, 2007
  3. i don't get why all this anger too and i think am not sky....

let the guy give a shot; do you honestly wish failure on another fella trader?

#23     Oct 22, 2007
  4. hey Tim, congrats hope everything works out for you.

#24     Oct 22, 2007
  5. how many alias's does this twirp have?

:p

#25     Oct 22, 2007
  6. Nah I've just realized my own faults and limitations. My enjoyment of the spotlight and excitability hurt my trading, but those same qualities help me in promoting my teaching what I know to other traders. Realizing one's place in the world is truly remarkable--hopefully I can teach others to use what's worked for me while avoiding whats hurt me. Theoretically, I'll be able to create traders who are better than me and therefore they should enjoy greater success.

LO, hey, I didn't even discover this site until you people started posting about me in early 2007. This guy's been around long before me. Have another shot of tequila you degenerate

Thanx man!

#26     Oct 22, 2007
  7. Quotes related to Timmay's life:

1- As a trader:

"A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place"

2- As an author and snake oil vendor:

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

#27     Oct 22, 2007
  8. Gee whiz Tim, you sure can take abuse. I have to give you props for how you handle it. You replies show plenty of self control and emotions in check, two important qualities necessary to trade.

I thought on one of your interviews you mentioned that teaching via writing a book, etc was more fulfilling than trading. I could understand that, trading is solitary,, writing, interviewing is social, nothing wrong with doing both.

ps. I can't possibly be a Sykes alias, I can't imagine anyone choosing "Nutmeg" as an alias.

#28     Oct 22, 2007
  9. Thanx yeah, I've gradually learned to deal with the haters so they really doesn't bother me anymore. I don't blame them, they've seen so many con artists come and go, it's hard for them to accept that somebody might actually cut through the BS. Like trying to teach a dog who's been abused to trust people again!

As for teaching, it is more fulfilling. You cannot imagine the kinds of questions I get--today asked me if a biotech thats gone from 50 cents to $4 in a few days can be seen as a defensive play on the economy! Crazy--can't wait to help these people.

#29     Oct 22, 2007
  10. Good job Tim!

#30     Oct 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.