Timothy Sykes Complete Pennystocking DVD Libary for Sale

Discussion in 'Trading' started by logikos, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimera

chimera

Dan sanger was the same...hyped up huge gains but when i looked at his performance -70% d.d's

thre is virtualy no edge...you can gamble away and get lucky for a while but you'll lose big at stake at some stage..

retail lap this sh** up.

#11     Jun 7, 2013
  2. chimera

chimera

i'll bet he made most form selling his materials....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He's a gunslinger with a big mouth, but he seems to live up to his claim of turning $300K to $3M. Unless you have proof he is a liar, why don't you spend your time trading or refining your trading plan, playing golf, or whatever you want to do, instead of slinging sh*t around on people's threads.

#12     Jun 7, 2013
  3. zdreg

zdreg

one guy bets. the other guy says it seems. without monthly statements no one knows, marketsurfer, his shill, has them but refuses to provide them.if anybody else has them please provide them.

sykes has/had one edge. he may have the ability to short stock which are not available to the the general public.

#13     Jun 7, 2013
  4. logikos

logikos

Yes. He sends them to me every month for the hell of it.

OK, since all of you guys are obviously accomplished and self-sufficient traders and know so much about Sykes methods and why they are failures, does anybody care to share with the group your reasons?

Otherwise, you all are sounding like a bunch of bitter trader wanna-be's who blow their account out every 6 months.

#14     Jun 7, 2013
  5. zdreg

zdreg

please provide them to resolve all questions. tia

#15     Jun 7, 2013
  6. logikos

logikos

The people on this site really suck. You fools are made for each other.

Not coming back. Later.

#16     Jun 7, 2013
  7. zdreg

zdreg

of course not. i hesitated to make a joke, figuring you might react the way u did. you found an excuse not to provide the monthly statements.

#17     Jun 7, 2013
  8. gaj

gaj

sure. from my post a couple years ago at:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3190836&highlight=tim#post3190836

05-21-11 08:57 AM

quick summary:

-> he trades pink sheet stocks. you know, the market where quotes aren't guaranteed to be filled, shorts are insanely difficult without the right brokerages. so in some regards, for others, it's similar to paper trading because they can't get the same fills even if they tried.

in fact, his latest list of trades has 20 trades. 11 of them are pink sheet stocks. the rest of the stocks, the legit names - have floats of 4mm, 7mm, 6mm, 12mm, and not available (according to yahoo finance).

general strategies for marketers who want to generate subscriptions:

-> don't trade a lot. goal is NOT to make tons of money, but to have "right" trades.

-> take credit for stocks that have lots of movement AFTER you exit, and even claim you're not that good a trader as your students. that way, you get all the "reward" of a huge move without the risk of it damaging your p&l.

-> say things about how much more money you'd have made if you took on a large position, but you're a scaredy-cat.

-> after you've gotten a bunch of subscribers, your alerts will become self-fulfilling. you get in at the price, and then lots of others lift the offer (or hit the bid) all at once. if it's CSCO, it won't affect the price much. if it's a small-cap or micro cap, you've already got yourself a profitable position. in fact, you can make the excuse 15 minutes later that the trade went so well for you, you can't turn down a quick profit, and get out.

-> many of his DVDs have 3/4 or more of virtually identical information, which is the tim sykes story.

i don't follow him anymore (this was the first time i went to his website, a cached version from a couple days ago, in i have no idea how long), but used to follow what he did so i could explain to others the fallacies in some of his trading materials.

btw, he's gone back on a bunch of his initial stated claims for what his site would be, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone on ET.

#18     Jun 7, 2013
  9. MrN

MrN

I admit I kind of like Tim. I think he is a natural entertainer. I read an article he wrote on technical trading years ago and it had some fairly decent ideas.

#19     Jun 7, 2013
  10. bruce436

bruce436

tim sykes is an absolutely obnoxious person BUT he is a BRILLIANT MARKETING PERSON who has made mucho fungolas peddling mediocre material for big money

#20     Jun 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.