Timothy Sykes 4 Cover Stories In One Day

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TimothySykes, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Ha, they've all read my book you fool! Unlike you, they gave me a chance and now they think what I'm doing is worthy of putting me on the cover. Stop fighting it man, seriously.

PS Maybe they're just falling for my 1999-2005 track record?

#31     Oct 30, 2007
  2. Sykes,

Let's leave the bubble years ('99-'01) out for a moment (yes, you did very well for yourself, congratulations. However, to put your numbers in context, there were literally hundreds if not thousands of guys at prop and retail firms making millions with little or no money up).

Your 2002-2005 (pre-CYGT) track record isn't much to brag about.
    Making a few hundred thousand dollars over a 4 year period with a couple of million under management isn't very impressive.

Throw on the disastrous numbers you've put up over the last 2 years, and your inflation adjusted returns since the bubble burst are barely positive at best (probably negative).

The fact is, you're not special...and you sure as shit shouldn't be teaching anyone how to trade.

#32     Oct 30, 2007
  3. Oh don't get me wrong, I don't claim my strategy to be great--its not very scalable and for all my gains, I could never handle its volatility. I didn't have a few million under management until 2006--before then I was working with right around $1mil so $200-$500k/year is pretty good.

But I do think I can teach it to others who will DO BETTER THAN ME. And the fact is I did this all without any margin--no prop guy can say that.

#33     Oct 30, 2007
  4. Baseball might not be your thing. Does the name Eddie Gaedel ring a bell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Gaedel

#34     Oct 30, 2007
  5. It's "not very scalable", so you're going to "teach it to others"?

That makes no sense.

The only person who makes money with a non scalable strategy is the guy selling it.

That is the epitome of Snake Oil.

#35     Oct 30, 2007
  6. To the Elite Trader site owner:

Please delete my account. I'm no longer interested in this unabashed Timothy Sykes self promotion website.

#36     Oct 30, 2007
  7. stussy

stussy

Well said. I got a strategy in penny stocks that can allow me to turn 12K into 1.65M fully audited. It's called pump and dump.

#37     Oct 31, 2007
  8. When I say not scalabale, i mean I can't make more than a few hundred thousand dollars/year. Buuuuuuuut, thats just me--not the greatest trader, too excitable, too greedy. My DVD aims to expose my faults while also detailing my strengths so that other who watch it should be able to take the best of me and l eave the worst behind. Also, I aim to teach people to play Penny Stocks not just from the short side (that has become my expertise), but from all sides so there will be plenty of opportunities to go around.

Lets say I'm wrong and the strategies won't yield more than a few hundred grand annually. Well, thats yet another reason why its $300. Low risk, potentially great rewards

#38     Oct 31, 2007
  9. ehsmama

ehsmama

You Fool,
    Who would give you margin to play Penny Stocks?:confused: :confused: :confused:
    Playing penny stocks is akin to buying options betting on directional movement...
    My basic problem with you is..YOU HAD ONE BAD TRADE and you could not recover from it and without making all your money back you left your investors in lurch.....You are just a LOSER without MORALS... Your story would have been of some value had there been in comeback somewhere in it.
    You are just a LOSER who bacame a salesman since he couldn't profitably trade anymore

#39     Oct 31, 2007
  10. We are praying that is the day that Tim's ET Sponsorship ends How about it Baron, an early Christmas present?

#40     Oct 31, 2007