Timmmmmay's Latest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Feb 18, 2008.

1. We will see down the road how many copies are sold because his HUGE mistake was that he already put the story out there ad nauseum. I might have mentioned that to him early on. Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? I think a few good marketing classes would help him in the long run for sustainability because anyone can milk short-term hype as he has, but the momentum is stalling.

I think he will find the book sales to be disappointing given his claims of selling a million copies or making a million on the book sales or whatever he said. 5,000 books is decent out of the box but the moment is passing as the momentum wanes.

I said it before, no one gets rich selling books unless you get a huge advance (Bill Clinton) or you sell copies in the 100,000s.

#51     Feb 19, 2008
  2. Nobody wants a JACKASS running their money...
    Would you want Steve-O picking your sectors?

I will say that it's great that the guy is getting himself out there...trying different things...but what is the goal? I just don't get it...

I made 1000% returns in my first few years, and I started a business too...big fuckin deal...

Show some humility...

#52     Feb 19, 2008

3. im certainly not defending his trading, with that said, the rest of my earlier comments speak for themselves.

absolutely man, give me some notice, would enjoy meeting you when you are in town.

surf

#53     Feb 19, 2008

4. yeah, you have a point. however, believe it or not, the guys got a plan and he is still in the very very early stages. i have no doubt that he will be quite the famous person one day--and not just in finance circles.

yeah, its hard to get rich with books, i think of tony robbins--he did---timmay is just getting started with the PR machinery--- i don't suggest shorting him yet.....

surf

#54     Feb 19, 2008
  5. You're an idiot surfer. Those who shorted him when he was on ET pimping his book have already been proven correct. Its just getting started? No, its time came and past. Yes, he already got his big publicity...from Page 6, and is the laughingstock of nyc area finance as a result.

And to those who say $500K net worth is great. Sure, it'll buy you 5 years of humble living in a small one bedroom apt. in nyc where timmay lives. If he's in the top 5% in the world he also in the bottom 5% in nyc. And where will he be in 5 yrs?

#55     Feb 19, 2008
  6. Agreed. Risk management is the real holy-grail, not taking profits.

#56     Feb 19, 2008
  7. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

that is fucking hilarious!

#57     Feb 19, 2008
  8. The hallmark of a great trader, the thing is he is fairly young and
    can still do many things with his track record. My issue is that he didn't give us any new information, luck vs skill is always an open debate.

#58     Feb 19, 2008
  9. TimmayTV? I go all-in short TimmayTV.

He still couldn't get laid with whatever capital he has left. You won't get laid talking about how much you think 'chicks dig scars."

I don't doubt that he did go to Cohen's crib and shoot up some estradiol and suck down a soy shake.

#59     Feb 19, 2008
  10. Cohen had a politician there and they all paid to attend. Some funny stuff on those old Timmay threads,. Anyway, I would rather Steve (not Stevie as I never met him) Cohen teach me to trade than show me his art collection. Wankers as the english would say.

#60     Feb 19, 2008