Timmay - you should do this

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Yeah, I think the only thing you could teach anyone as far as what mistakes to learn from is don't flatter yourself. Accept the fact you made some good money in a bubble.

Don't market yourself as a major player in the trading arena just because you got lucky and rode a bubble.

dude, you're such a fag. for real. the posts showing where you have been busted contradicting yourself and then backpedaling are numerous, and plenty for any intelligent and rational being to deduce that you are full of shit.

The truth doesn't operate on technicalities. It either "is" or it "isn't" the truth.

You are boring. Where's Michell Scott, Tudor Jones and Seben?

#41     Aug 8, 2007
  2. Those are words of wisdom Tim.

#42     Aug 8, 2007

3. no disrespect, OC. But who are you??? How many copies of that book sold--my guess is way less than 2000. seriously, man, you should be taking lessons from TS--- he is way more famous at a much younger age--this guy is going places, like him or not. this deserves respect, not veiled flaming.

regards,

surf

#43     Aug 8, 2007
  4. Excellent summation, and while somewhat misguided, it's the first quality post in quite a while. I've researched this new industry I'm moving into in depth and believe I will differ in the following way:

1. I do not intend to make my living off giving individual picks--I've made my money from playing patterns! Right now, I'll conform for exposure sake, but i plan on introducing an entirely new breed of financial journalism, one that is much mainstream-friendly/honest/realistic.

2. The people in other reality shows were all normal people who had normal professions, trading is different in that they've been led to believe it's risky/dangerous/not to be touched. I'm young enough, have enough of a big mouth and have a unique enough story to be bridge the gap between the realities of trading versus what people have been led to believe.

3. I trade penny stocks and as misunderstood as trading is, penny stocks are even worse. Probly because most people are incredibly corrupt/manipulative. Again, I am to make the general public aware of all the risks and rewards, as my story exemplifies.

4. My book has been compared to the classics like Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and How I Made $2 million in the Stock Market dozens of times now and if, by chance, these comparisons turn out to be true, my decision to self-publish will support me for the rest of my life. Obviously, the chances are slim, but its still a possibility.

5. I've already started writing my second book "An American Self-Publisher"--I've had some crazy, crazy experiences are already, namely chatting up Steve Forbes for an hour before we went on FOX (crazy, crazy discussion)

So print this post and let's see how I do!

#44     Aug 8, 2007
  5. To my knowledge OC doesn't get out there trying to pimp himself out like he's the NEXT BIG THING. Hell, you can't even hardly get him to recommend his own book...that is being humble, and that is respectable as hell....maybe OC actually trades, and maybe he actually makes money- so he may or may not give a fuck about being famous and on CNBC.

Just a possibility, smurf.

#45     Aug 8, 2007
  6. So, according to your wisdom, the bubble was still in effect in from 2001-2005? Hmmm, that's a new one on me, but you are much smarter than me so maybe you're right.

Not trying to say I'm a major player, just a tiny player. You have some issues dude. Go back to detention!

#46     Aug 8, 2007

7. you have to be shitting me.

#47     Aug 8, 2007

8. ok, if thats his thing, cool. but then he shouldn't be giving TS advice as he is on a FAR different life path-- and really can't relate to TS's goals/aspirations.

best,
    surf

#48     Aug 8, 2007
  9. I don't know for sure because I am not going back to search for it...but I am pretty sure that over the past four years your compound return was like 1.5%....

so 4 years ago would have been 2003....where do you get 2005?

I may be wrong as I didn't reference the post...but if you want to really start up about it, I can go back and look..there is plenty of stuff to call you out on.

#49     Aug 8, 2007
  10. ....he he he.....
    deserves respect for being "More Famous"? "More Famous" for what??

#50     Aug 8, 2007